Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lazarperello Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Internet explorer
    I don`t know what happen , but when I click on internet icon ,the explorer cannot display de webpage
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2008, 07:29 PM

On the Internet Explorer window when you have it opened go to the "tools" tab, Internet Options setting you will see under "General" there is a box for your home page. Apparently your home page got changed on you. All you need to do is specify what site you want as your homepage and click OK.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2008, 01:00 AM

Hi, lazarperello!

Has this happened just one time, or is it happening all of the time, please?

Thanks!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 02:23 AM

What webpage, your homepage? Does anything come up when you try to get to internet?

Do you get an error, if so, what does the error say?

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.

Are you using xp or vista, not to be rude, just try to tell as much info as possible, but above text will probably help most
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 02:27 AM
    How about antivirus or spyware apps that you may have running, home page does not change by default

Maybe consider malwarebytes as it is free to use and can possibly find something that maybe should not be there

It will ask ou to reigister but that is not needed unless you want to run as a full time service, at this point you would like to hopefully find and "fix" something it might find

Of course post back to see if any thing can be offered as support or a question, will try to help as this things, Most of time can be overcome
    lazarperello Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 03:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    On the Internet Explorer window when you have it opened go to the "tools" tab, Internet Options setting you will see under "General" there is a box for your home page. Apparently your home page got changed on you. All you need to do is specify what site you want as your homepage and click OK.
    I do this, but nothing change
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarperello View Post
    I do this, but nothing change
    That's because you're not necessarily having an issue your homepage. Does IE load any other pages?

Have you checked to make sure that your connection is working properly? Do you have dial-up or DSL?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet [ 5 Answers ]

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet. I know that the connection is fine as Firefox works. I have cable broadband through a wireless connection. When I try to use Explorer it comes up with Internet explorer annot display the webpage. I have tried to look at other threads but can't seem...

Internet OK.just can't get Firefox or internet explorer to work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have.windows XP.I have d-link wireless for both laptops and netgear for this laptop,other laptop is fine.just can't load up a web page on this laptop.have mozilla Firefox.and internet explorer.I have looked at settings but I not sure what I am looking for, any help would be welcome

AOL Internet Explorer [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get rid of AOL Internet Explorer?

Internet explorer 7 [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for opinions on the new IE 7. Is it a good update or should I stick with IE 6 with sp2 that I'm using now? If I do update to 7 and don't like it can I get my IE 6 back? I'm using windows xp.

View more questions Search