Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    silverhawkfire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2011, 05:03 PM
    Charged as youth or adult?
    If the committed offense occurred before the youth is 18, but the trial is after they turn 18, will they be charged as a youth or an adult?
    Breach of Trust, theft under $5,000
    Ontario, Canada
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2011, 05:26 PM

Hello s:

In the US, the prosecutor has discretion to charge minors as adults.. If where you are, the cutoff is turning 18, then if the crime was committed when the defendant was a minor, he should be charged as a minor.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are soil particles more positively charged or more negatively charged? [ 5 Answers ]

I am having a difficult time answering this question. On one hand, I know that it can be pos or negative. On the otherhand I read that it has only been measured as negative. So would that mean its more negatively charged?

Theft as a youth . [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 15 year old male living in Ontario Canada, On August 20 2009 my life changed, me and my friend walked into a store, and got caught shoplifting except I did not shoplift but I was with him. The cops came and told us it was a warning, I know somewhere there is my name in the file but I...

15 Youth caught shoplift, 18 youth also charge [ 1 Answers ]

Youth 18 , New offender of shoplifting with a 15 boyfriend, a headphone in question was found in the 15 year old. But the 18 year old also receive appear to court, the likely outcome is what the parent concern.

What has happened to our youth? [ 18 Answers ]

Every time I read a question from a young teen who is scared of being pregnant or that wants to have sex I feel really sad. I don't know how u all feel about it but I think this nation has really gone to he11. Sex should be shared by two people in love not two kids in heat. These kids are our...

View more questions Search