Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronniep123na Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2011, 04:17 PM
    Out of state rehab while on probation
    I was sentenced to 6 months in jail and a 30 day rehab on Arizona
    Upon my release I reported to my PO within 72 hours, as instructed and have continued to do so for the past 2 years. During this time on probation I have not had any positive urine screens, maintained employment, paid off all of my fines, and pretty much jumped through every hoop that they have put in front of me. My problem is this my probation officer has never told me it was OK to leave the state of Virginia for 30 days to attend this rehab in Arizona. The topic has been discussed many times, but he kept telling me to hold off, "he was checking on things" i.e. the procedures he needed to due in order for me to be across country for 30 days. Problem is now I have to go in front of the judge and explain to him why I haven't been to Arizona yet. Two years later. My question is did I do right by not going there, since he never gave me any kind of written permission or interstate compact.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2011, 09:16 PM

PO messing with you, he has nothing to "check" he merely writes you a permit to travel to the rehab, In fact since he was court ordered he was required to do so.

I would ask him for a letter stating he did not give you permission to travel to present to the judge. And I would have my attorney there.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2011, 08:23 AM

Hello r:

The Padre is right... When you get in front of a judge your PO will tell him that he tried to get you to go, but you just refused... PO's SUCK.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I move my probation to another state if I am on felony probation [ 13 Answers ]

I am on 10 years felony probation in Texas due to an insane ex girlfriend who keeps harassing me I tried to do an interstate transfer back to Pennsylvania where my new girlfriend currently is from but was denied. However my girlfriend is pregnant and we want to live in pa, how do I do this if she...

Dui last June, another 2 weeks ago. In rehab. When should I tell my probation officer [ 1 Answers ]

I am on probation for a dui I got last June. Two weeks ago I got another dui. I realized I have a major alcohol issue and checked into rehab a week ago. I hired a attorney to represent me for the second dui which was obviously a probation violation. I have to check in with my probation officer on...

Will rehab facility accept a patient who is on probation in another county? [ 2 Answers ]

A family member wants to enter a rehab facility TOMORROW. The timing is imperative as he is ready to go. However, he is on probation in another county. Will the facility accept him? If they don't, I can't bring him back home. He is too sick.

Probation and rehab [ 1 Answers ]

My name is sarah and my boyfriend devyn is on probation and right now he's in rehab for 2months. About a yr ago he got arrested when he had marijuana on him. While on probation at first he was just doing out patient stuff but they wanted to send him to rehab which he's learning pretty much the same...

Probation violation with rehab [ 1 Answers ]

OK, I was put on probation as a violation of decond offense dwi. I had blew in a breathalizer at a home visit and blew positive so they sent me to rehab. Finished rehab and while I was in there they gave me all sorts of medications. I left with six or seven bottles of meds. As a result I acted...

View more questions Search