Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    believe123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 12:56 PM
    Is this Violation of Probation? Am I going to jail now?
    I currently go to college and I'm on probation in MA for possession of a class B drug (lsd). My last day was supposed to be this Friday. The terms of my probation were random drug tests, fees, and a drug evaluation. Over the course of the 6 months I had 5 tests and passed every single one. I saved the drug evaluation for this last month because I just really didn't worry about it. When I tried scheduling it with the local center that conducts them the scheduling woman there was ridiculously hard to get a hold of and would never return my calls. Fast forward 3 weeks later and now in 2 days I have my court date for the last day of my probation. Am I going to go to jail for not getting that drug evaluation completed even though I passed every drug test I had and went to every probation appointment?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 01:04 PM

Well, yes, it is a violation of your perole because that was a stipulation. You should have gone directly to the testing centre and not relied on someone to call you back, which didn't happen. The judge doesn't want to hear excuses, sorry, otherwise, what is the point of the whole procedure; the point is discipline and following instructions to the letter.

Tick
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2011, 01:08 PM

I'll back that up. You had 6 months to do it... so just because you waited until the last minute and found they couldn't get you in... constitutes a failure of you to do as you were ordered.

You never wait to the last minute to do anything that's important. Because you never know what might happen. You show up early for appointments... you do things well before they are due... all because something you don't expect might happen.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2011, 01:14 PM

Hello b:

The purpose of the drug evaluation was to guide the state in determining the conditions of your supervision.. What good would it do to get a drug evaluation when you're DONE?? What did YOU think it was for?

Sure, your PO should have followed you more closely... But, it's not HER responsibility to make sure you follow your conditions...

Having said that, I don't think they'll put you in jail for it. I think they'll give you time to get your evaluation, and I'll betcha they'll order treatment for you BEFORE you're released... Not that you NEED treatment, but because they retaliate whenever given the chance - and you gave them a chance..

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much jail time for probation violation? [ 41 Answers ]

What is the maximum jail time someone could serve for violating (leaving state) a felony probation in Ohio?

Probation violation on a felony. More probation or actual jail time? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister in law was on probation for fraudulent use of i.d. (felony in TX). She was just arrest for theft ($50-$500) in another town and served about a week in jail there. She was then extradited back home because she violated her probation. She is currently being held on NO BOND with charges of...

Jail time probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

My son did 5 years and got out 14 months ago. He is on probation. 3 months after being out the cops showed up and took him out of the house on a probation charge. Found out that some new P O went through his file and said during the sentencing he would have been on probation and caught a...

How much time can you get in jail for probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfirend is in jail for probation violation. He got on probation for domestic assault by strangulation for putting his hands on me. He got a felony and also put on probation for 3yrs. We got back together and he was doing good got in no trouble obyed the rules of prbation meet with his...

View more questions Search