Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bankswife Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 07:13 PM
    Caught shoplifting @ cvs
    Hello I don't know if you could help answer my question but if you could it would be greatly appreciated. I live in newyork,newyork and 6 years ago I was caught by cvs store security shop lefting.no police were involed. I was banned from all cvs's and told if I were ever to enter another cvs store I would be arrested. The security officer asked for my i.d. which I gave him my college I.D. he took down my name ,address,DOB and had me sign some papers. I asked him if this would appear on my background check he said "no"... now I am about to undergo a background check with the nyc department of corrections! I want to be a correction officer so bad and I hate that this has ever happened and if I could turn back the hands of time I would do it all over DIFFERENT! I am worried now. And I'm wondering if something like this will show up in a back ground check? I was never arrested,police were never called, I never had to appear in court I wasn't issued a fine or anything.im just wondering do they look into theft databases when conducting background checks? Here in Newyork City we don't take polygraph test so I'm really confused weather I should mention it to my investigator? When the security officer took down my info was that just for cvs files? I pray this doesn't jepoardize my future in the law enforcement field...

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 09:10 PM

You answer all of their questions honestly,

1. were you ever arrested , ( NO)
    2. were you ever convicted ( no)
    *** for law enforcement they ask arrested and convicted

There is no record of it.

If they ask, did you ever steal anything, you say yes, years ago, you were not arrested and learned from your mistake.

The reason to be honest and why they want you to be, if you lied and said no, if anyone finds out, and those convicts can find out anything on anybody, they will try and blackmail you with that info. So better to be honest if they ask, but this should not even come up and will not be in the background check

Also NY corrections while a hard job pays well, they used to pay better than the Federal System ( back in my day)

Also if you have issue there, consider moving to other states also, and/or looking at the Federal corrections
    bankswife Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 06:34 AM
    Thx you for the useful info Fr chuck. I really appreciate it thanks u! I'm just so nerves this is going to mess me up... I really don't mind telling the truth, I felt like they were going to look in the theft database anyway (if I'm in there I don't know.. ) Or even ask me a question like do I know of any info that could possibly ruin my reputation. I'm just a nervous wreck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caught for shoplifting [ 16 Answers ]

Hi! A few days ago I was caught shoplifting at aShopping Ctr in Singapore. I don't really know what really happened to me or what I was thinking that make me do the hideous crime. I was stopped by the security guard upon stepping out of the store. I followed them to the security room and I...

Caught by cvs store security shop [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I don't know if you could help answer my question but if you could it would be greatly appreciated. I live in newyork,newyork and 6 years ago I was caught by cvs store security shop lefting.no police were involed. I was banned from all cvs's and told if I were ever to enter another cvs store...

Caught shoplifting [ 1 Answers ]

I am 19 and live in Washington I just had the same situation happen to me I'm scared out of my mind I don't know why I did it. It was very stupid I've never been in trouble for anything before and I'm afraid I won't be able to get it off my record I'm trying to ge into the air-force so I can have...

Caught shoplifting [ 2 Answers ]

Oh.I also what to ask a question, I also steal something in zelles, and they call the police. I am so worry about the afteraffect of this thing. The police ask me to write a pologies letter to he and the zellers. Is it everything done? Does the police will annal this in my file? I have to...

Being caught shoplifting [ 4 Answers ]

I'm holding a work permit.. 2 days ago I'm being caught for shoplifting. This is my first time and that cloth cost $99. I had admitted that I steal it when the promoter asked me. I wanted to pay them back, but the refuse to let me go end up they called the police and I'm being arrested. I did admit...

View more questions Search