Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtracy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 11:01 AM
    Furnace converted to propane?
    I recently had a new Carrier furnace installed. I have propane for gas. I cannot tell if the installer converted the furnace to propane, as I cannot find a sticker saying the unit was converted. What would typical symptoms be if it was not converted (noise, etc.). Thank you.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2006, 02:08 PM
    To main things have to happen to change it over. Gas pressure regulator spring needs to be changed and adjusted from 3.5" W.C. to 14 "W.C.. The orifices that feed the burners will also have a smaller opening. If he did the gas valve spring right he should have changed the old chrome cap to the LP black cap. I don't know an easy way for you to find this out. But if he didn't do something right the furnace will light hard, possibly with a boom, or when the burners are on it will be very nosey and the temperature rise will be to great. Call the company back, tell them you want it double checked and the sticker signed, dated and put on the gas valve like he should have done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need part for Roper Model C2757 propane stove [ 1 Answers ]

Still need help with obsolete parts for Roper cooktop - "We have a gas (propane) cooktop - Roper Model C2757 - that was here when we bought the house and is at least 15 years old. The left front burner began to burn orange and soot the bottom of pots. I took it out and found it was beginning...

Installing above ground pool propane heater [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a 24 foot circle above ground pool, but find with the shade surrounding the pool, we would like to raise the water temperature approximately 10 degrees. We believe we would like to install a Hayward propane heater. The Adobe instruction manual is available on line for the...

Converted From F-1 To H-1/h-1b Visa In 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi ATE, I have converted from F1/OPT to H1 on 8/15/2005. My employer deducted Social Security and Medicare tax for the first 3 months of the year I have worked with my OPT. After 4 months break (didn't work), I continued with the same employer on H1. I have only one W2 for the entire year. If I...

TW and WC on a propane tank [ 1 Answers ]

What do those stand for? I was looking on some of the common sized ones, and the TW was about 18 - 17.5, 18.9, etc. The WC was closer to 48. Most of the places exchanging tanks here only put in 17-18 pounds which is much less than the tank would hold if the WC is the weight charged, or weight...

View more questions Search