Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2022, 05:03 AM
    So much for free speech.
    NFL DC Jack Del Rio tweeted this.

Would love to understand “the whole story “ about why the summer of riots, looting, burning and the destruction of personal property is never discussed but this is ???
    He was referring to the 1/6 hearing.

He then explained further the next day. "Why are we not looking into those things — if we're going to talk about it — why are we not looking into those things? I can look at images on the TV, people's livelihoods are being destroyed, businesses are being burned down, no problem. And then we have a dust-up at the Capitol, nothing burned down, and we're going to make that a major deal."

For this terrible breach of civility, he was fined 100 grand by the HC. Telling the truth is no longer allowed in the NFL. And it was all followed, as it nearly always is, by the obligatory apology, though it was much smaller in scope than the powers that be would doubtless have preferred. " "Referencing that situation as a dust-up was irresponsible and negligent and I am sorry. I stand by my comments condemning violence in communities across the country. I say that while also expressing my support as an American citizen for peaceful protest in our country."

I would love to see him contest the fine, but I doubt that he will.

https://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/2022/...rned-down.html
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2022, 05:25 AM
    And the team formerly known as the Redskins made him apologize for being a distraction. The woke crowd will not be satisfied until he is canned and blacklisted .The woke crowd got Jon Gruden banished after comments he made a decade ago was made public .

As noted, Del Rio initially defended his tweets and got the backing of the team HC Ron Rivera. But it is almost impossible to defend against the woke crowd if the illegal monopoly that is the NFL is more concerned about PC .

It is a bigger deal to the NFL than the fact that a large contingent of the players in the NFL plantation have criminal records for violent crimes .....or the fact that the team is owned by a deviant sexual pervert .
    Former Washington football staffers detail new allegations in 'toxic culture' roundtable | WJLA

Rivera was first brought back into the fold and was forced to make a statement that the team “will not tolerate any equivalency between those who demanded justice in the wake of George Floyd’s murder and the actions of those on January 6 who sought to topple our government.

In a way he is right ......there is no equivalency . The Floyd riots were a more widespread ,prolonged , deadly ,destructive, and ,costly "insurrection".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free speech, free sperm [ 15 Answers ]

Kudos to our northern neighbor for a victory for free speech: Hate speech law unconstitutional: rights tribunal Now if we can just restore free speech on college campuses here. On another note, it turns out Canadians aren't too keen on giving their sperm away. In 2004, Canada passed the...

Free Speech [ 20 Answers ]

Hello: Do corporations enjoy a right to free speech? If they do, where might I find it? excon

WAPO: Free speech ain't free speech [ 23 Answers ]

I was always under the impression that free speech was free speech, now we have things like "hate speech," "free speech zones," the UN's "you can't offend Islam speech," and as I gave an example of today - "politically correct speech." The Washington Post claims a distinction between Political...

Free Speech [ 2 Answers ]

Cleric puts up one million dollors to kill cartoonist that created the funny. Well, I guess free thought as well as free speech is out of the question. Why are these people so very excitable? What exactly do they want out of life. I am truly perplexed when it comes to their behavior. Can anyone...

View more questions Search