Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    t1nkabe11 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2006, 10:39 AM
    Legal age?
    I thought the legal age to work behind a bar was 18 but at my current employment there is a girl of 17 working behind the bar. I spocked to the owner about this and he said no it is 16 now in there U.K, but I just wanted to make sure. Can any one tell me what the legal age is for definite?
    Thank you
    Jade x
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 9, 2006, 10:43 AM
    It is illegal for someone under the age of 18 to serve alcohol without the specific autorisation from the licencee.
    Basically what this mean is that anyone under 18 must have each and every transaction authorised by the person that holds the drinks licence or their agent.
    Just think what happens when you try to get served alcohol by an under 18 in a supermarket, they have to get it authorised each time.

It's very possible, but in a bar very impracticle
    t1nkabe11 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2006, 10:48 AM
    Thank you. So my boss the owner IS braking the law!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 9, 2006, 10:59 AM
    Here some more info for you

Licensing Act 2003

Section 153 of the Licensing Act 2003 changed these provisions with effect from 24th November last year. A peson of any age can sell alcohol in a bar provided that each sale is authorised by the licence holder, the designated premises supervisor or someone else over 18 who is authorised for such purposes. In a restaurant, this restriction does not apply and a person of any age can sell alcohol without this authorisation provided it is to go with a table meal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal sex age [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 17 and will turn 18 on October 11th but my dad is thinking about putting my boyfriend in jail for being with a minor. My boyfriend is 24. I live in California and I know the age of consent is 18 but do you think the police will really enforce this law when I turn 18 in a month? If you can...

Is this legal? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for me to hack another one of my own computers?

Is this legal ? [ 10 Answers ]

I currently accepted a job where I was under the impression I was to travel out of my surrounding area.During this last holiday break I received a phone call from the human resources that my itenerary would be in the mail.When I returned from my out of town holiday visit.I indeed received an...

Is It Legal [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My daughter is buying a mobile home and land package deal. She started buying it in 2002. In 2004 she lost her job and got behind on her payments. So the mortgage co put it in foreclosure. She paid a little over 5 thousand to stop the foreclosure. Then in 2005 she had to take a different...

Is Win MX Legal? [ 4 Answers ]

Is Win MX Legal? Cos I'm from singapore and the law here is kind of strict.. want to find out... Please reply, it's much appreciated. Thank you!

View more questions Search