Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellissima Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 09:50 AM
    Tub won't drain and pipes are replaced
    My husband has removed the trap for the tub and replaced the pipes. The tub will still not drain. We have tried everything snaking , draino everything but a plumber. You can't get a plumber to even look at your problems for 6 months. We live in a hurricane Katrina zone in Louisiana. Any and all help is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks for looking ,Yvette
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 18, 2006, 10:54 AM
    You must not have tried everything since the tub's still stopped up. Did you snake from the tub waste and overflow? If so you didn't run out enough cable. Go back and snake it again. Regardes, Tom
    bellissima Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 03:53 PM
    Thank you. My husband did not run the auger far enough. He just cleared it.

Thank you, Bellissima

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Do I have corroded pipes below below my tub? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi - I am REALLY hoping someone out there can help! We live in an old house (built 1888). The plumbing is not that old, since the house didn't have indoor plumbing when it was built. We believe the plumbing was put in around 1934. Our upstairs tub/shower won't drain. We have had it...

Replaced shower drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just cut a hole in my ceiling and replaced the shower drain. I used a plumber's putty on the top and locked in the washer on the bottom. Should I have used sealant at any spot on the install, or is the putty sufficient? After a day or so, I was able to tighten the nut more; is there...

Tub drain pipes [ 4 Answers ]

I am having a bathroom renovated. After replacing the old tub, the plumber connected the drain pipe of the new tub to the old system with cast iron pipes, connecting them to the old system with screw tightening sleeves, rather than threading pipe fittings. I am concerned that this type of...

Replaced faucet and drain in bathroom, LEAK! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I replaced the faucet in my bathroom and it seems to be working OK, however I am getting a leak when I run the water on full blast. The leak is coming from the joint between the drain that came with the faucet and the curved pvc joint that connects to the straight pipe that goes into...

View more questions Search