Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LauraB23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2014, 05:11 PM
    How to get my cats to get along.
    I have a ten year old male cat and nine months ago I got a female kitten. Mostly they ignore each other, but anytime my older cat gets near the kitten, my kitten hisses, meows, and runs off. She even claws at my cat. He doesn't even do anything to provoke it. He'll jump on the bed, and she will hiss and claw at him as she hurries to get off the bed. He just stands there very still and waits for her to be gone, then cuddles up next to me and starts cleaning himself like he does not care. She's violent toward him, and he just puts up with it. Is there anyway to get her to accept him? Especially since he was here first!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 21, 2014, 05:34 PM
    Figure it out. She is reacting normally to the dominant male who she knows instinctly is the boss by tenure. They have to find their own level, you let them work it out or separate them but you will only be delaying the process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making outdoor cats indoor cats [ 3 Answers ]

I've had my 2 female cats Sox and Princess since they were born. Which must have been 7 years ago now. All Sox's life she has been indoor/outdoor. Princess has been indoor/outdoor except for about a year of her life when someone stole her, they claimed to have kept her indoors. I'm 18 years old...

Older cats ganging up on newer cats [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I have two 14 year old cats, I recently introduced two 4 year old sisters. We attempted to "introduce" them correctly. Over the last week or so, one of the older cats stalks and corners either of the younger cats with the other older cat joining in for good measure. The noise is terrifying....

3 old cats vs the 3 new cats in the home [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there All, I've been in my apartment for awhile with my 3 cats. Now, my friend is moving in and bringing 3 more cats with her. While hers were still in their carriers, there was a lot of hissing and shackles raised. Friend's cats will be upstairs for awhile. We would like to know the time for...

My cats are aggressive to the other cats. [ 3 Answers ]

I have 5 cats, but 2 of them (both girls) are very aggressive towards the others. I'm a bit worried because they keep beating up on my kitten... So far she's got a torn ear, a chunk out of her leg, several scratches, and very uneven fur. I locked them into my room to avoid trouble, but is there an...

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

View more questions Search