Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluesuit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2014, 09:25 AM
    Will my cat's fractured tail (broken at the tail head) heal?
    A child fractured my cat's tail at the tail head and the vet wants to amputate his tail. The cat's bladder function is back now after a week, so I wonder if the nerves will also heal so he can lift his tail?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 16, 2014, 10:01 AM
    If the tail has to be amputated, probably because it may effect something else, why worry if your cat can lift his tail if this is done? I don't think this matters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tail chasing & tail biting [ 1 Answers ]

Kyra is a 2 yr old black german shepard, I have had her 2 months now her owner's were getting a dicorce and selling the house so they gave her back to the breeder, the breeder had her 6 months before she decided she could not have 4 gsd's so Kyra was with her mom, dad and her sister, until I got...

My cats tail won't heal after surgery [ 7 Answers ]

The vets say my cat poppy has had a really bad shunt by a car which has left her with a paralised tail. After the tail was amputated it was healing fine till I woke up to the remake of chain saw massacre after relising she had got her collar off. Another visit to the vet and another operation to...

Question about cat's tail [ 14 Answers ]

This is about our cat. If you are the slightest bit squeamish about veterinary procedures, please stop reading right now! About two months ago, I came home and found one of my cats acting strangely, she would cry and meow for no readily apparent reason, she also walked around with her tail...

Can a broken tail be fixed? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 5 month old Pekinese. I accidentally dropped a glass pot lid and it landed about 2 inches from the end of his tail. It caused a small cut, which I know how to take care of. But now the tail does not seem to curl over his back the way it used to. He wags it OK, and does not seem to be in...

Akita's broken tail [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my akita is two month old and he just broke his tail playing with my other dog I want to know if his his tail is going to repaired it self with time or if I have to do something... or worst than that than can affect my akita's life. :(

View more questions Search