Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tamtome Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Ip from mail address
    Hi
    Id like to ask about how I can know the ip from the address mail
    For example if I have this mail... @yahoo.com did I can get the ip of from where I'm connecting
    Why this
    Because there is some one he is doing me problemes I think that he is the same person that I know but he is using an other email address id like to know if he is the same one or now by knowing if it's the same ip address or no
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 13, 2007, 04:43 PM
    If you're using Outlook Express, from the inbox right click the message in question, select properties and then Details. Once Details is open the IP the message came from will be available.

Otherwise you can just select the message and then at the top of OE, select Message then Block Sender. Simple.

Good luck.

quasiomo Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Aug 15, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Hi,
    Go to start, run and type cmd. This will take u to command prompt. Here u type: ping Yahoo! , and will give u and output and it will specify the ip address.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 15, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Open the e-mail and in the upper right is a link for standard headers.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Yahoo inserts a field called "x-originating IP " which is visible when you examine the headers. So, from an email originating from Yahoo and SENT by Yahoo via their website, the answer is yes But be warned - headers can be spoofed.

Your email program should have a mechanism to examine the headers.

IP addresses change all the time based on their lease because many are dynamically assigned so therefore the info may not be of much use. From the IP you can get the ISP (Internet service provider) by doing a reverse lookup.

The ISP maybe able to track who owns the IP address at the time of the message, but that may require a court order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No e-mail [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't received any e-mails in my Yahoo e-mail account in quite a while. I used to receive allot from friends as well as updates to programs and although people say they are sending, every time I open my e-mail it says no new e-mails. I have checked all my account settings as well as all the...

Great Auto Response mail for Employee Suggestion mail [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, As part of HR, I take care of the Suggestion Committee which encourages employees to post their suggestions through mail. The ideas are chosen after a period of 1 month by a pre-designated Committee. For every suggestion, we have to give a positive, motivating response in our...

More Mail! [ 6 Answers ]

Maiden Name Reinstated Once my divorce was final, I went to the local Department of Motor Vehicles and asked to have my maiden name reinstated on my driver's license. "Will there be any change of address?" the clerk inquired. "No," I replied. "Oh, good," she said, clearly delighted....

Someone hacked my mail... [ 6 Answers ]

Hey!! Someone hacked my mail. I think he/she answered my hotmail secret question. After answering it, they changed the password, accessed to PERSONAL AND VERY IMPORTANT information, and to other sites that contain security settings (such as other passwords). They closed my hotmail account and...

View more questions Search