Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hl381 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 01:11 PM
    Buying A House Without A Mortgage
    One of my ex-landlords is having tough times paying his second house. The house had been paid up to date but he will not resist more. I can not get a mortgage right now due to tax debts but I have good income and he told me that If I can get an attorney I can get the property, pay directly to the bank the current mortgage and when I have a chance to get a mortgage then buy it. He say that he is not interested to get any money from the sale he just want to get rid of the property. Can I get a "deed contract" on this situation? How protected I am in a case like this if I pay the rent, taxes and other expenses on time and it takes me 2 or 3 years to buy the house?

Thank you
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 11:14 AM

Like he said - you need an attorney for this. HE will ensure your protection in this deal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying into existing mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

Due to a break up the property will need to be sold so that they can receive half the equity they are entitled to, the property isn't a joint ownership. Is it possible for someone else to buy their half of the property, the mortgage will then be in joint names with equal rights and pay the other...

Buying a house [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, Im in the process of trying to buy my first home. Im just wondering if this is the right time or do you guys think the prices will continue to fall in the coming months? This is for a house in the San Francisco Bay Area..

Buying a house where someone die in it. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm just curious what everyone thinks, would you buy a house where someone committed suicide?

Buying a house [ 1 Answers ]

I want to buy a house that is not more than 60 to 75k can get such price I really need it any where is must say am 52 years old.

View more questions Search