Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baffled123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Jun 6, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Head Vs. Heart
    Hello:

I find myself in a head vs. heart situation. I have ended an emotionally draining relationship of more than 10 years. As I tried to find the courage to "move on", I found myself turning to a married woman who understood everything I had experienced and made me believe that she was also looking for the courage to change her situation. Our relationship grew into something more than it should have, considering her martial status-and a considerable amount of time has passed.

I still believe she is my closest friend, but I don't know if I should continue to support her in the hope that she will make a change. Or is it time to face the realiaztion that I have made a big mistake and cut my ties with this woman? I am at the point of near obsession with wondering if this vison in my heart will come true.

My heart says hold out; my head says back away. I'm looking for objective wisdom.

Thanks.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 6, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Please listen to your head. Listening to your heart as brought you to the point of near obsessioin. Obsession is not love; it is a sickness.

Time is the most precious gift we have, and you have already wasted enough of it. Face it: She wasn't your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow she was just your "comfort" station on the way to your destination.

It's time to move on.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Jun 6, 2007, 11:06 AM
    I go for heαd- don't complicαte things even more.. she might understαnd you but in the end of the dαy her husbαnd is the one who lαys down beside her... there αre thousαnds of other women out there thαt would love to be with you
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockabilly1955mama
    Please listen to your head. Listening to your heart as brought you to the point of near obsessioin. Obsession is not love; it is a sickness.

Time is the most precious gift we have, and you have already wasted enough of it. Face it: She wasn't your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow she was just your "comfort" station on the way to your destination.

It's time to move on.
    Words of wisdom to live by. Move on.
    baffled123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Jun 6, 2007, 03:20 PM
    What Rockabilly1955mama said really opened up my eyes. I needed to hear that.

I have to follow my head, and leave her behind.
    LoneLover Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2007, 06:56 PM
    I'm not the best with this sort of thing, but I have received a few words of wisdom to share with you:

"Follow the advice of other's and you will fail. Follow your own advice and you will fail. Follow your heart and you will succeed."

I believe the trick is that when you are trying to guess what your heart wants, or spending too much time thinking about that, then your head has already taken over...

Just my 2 pennies...
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 6, 2007, 08:57 PM
    I agree with Skell on the last post. Following his heart is the not the best thing in this situation.
    jaylachills Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 02:00 PM
    Hey,
    I am 21 years old and you might not think thati know but me personally thinks that you should just move on .If it was really meant to be then for you guys then you would be together. I have been through the same thing . Believe it or not I got through, I just had to realize that it wasn't meant to be . Well, I hope I was some kind of influence towards you !

Thank you,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rain shower head & handheld shower head problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a shower with 2 pipes for showers heads (one on the wall in front, and one on a side wall). The wall in front has a rain shower head on it. The wall to the side has a hand held shower head attached. The pipe with the hand held shower attached has a push button valve to turn the handheld on...

Heart vs. Head? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I love this website! My situation is a bit different than any others I have read, but long story short. I was in a bad marriage, hung out with my best friend for a solid year (husband was OK w/ it), and well, I grew very close to my best friend. Said this before. We quit talking for...

I don't know if my heart can take it [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I don't really have a question I'm just looking for advice on what I should do. I met this man at the Beginning of the year and I instantly was infatuated by him. We were apart of the same group of friends so naturally we would hang out a lot. One day we exchanged phone...

Heart or Head? [ 3 Answers ]

I dated a guy for 5 1/2 yrs. He has 2 children, now 8 and 9, both of my kids are grown and gone. I have been through a lot with him, divorce, child custody battles, driving back and forth to pick up his kids (took a whole weekend) and just the everyday things of dealing with 2 kids. Now after...

Heart or Head [ 15 Answers ]

Hi everyone, This has to be the best site that offers the best advice and insight. I read all of your post and each of you are incredible with your depth and how to easily assess a situation. This site has helped me greatly, more then you will ever know. I thank you all for your genorisity...

View more questions Search