Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phillyguy215 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Second hd not showing up.
    Hey, I have just added a second hard drive to my desktop. My primary drive is running xp the new drive has linux on it. But xp is not showing the drive. I want to use this drive to put music, pics, videos and stuff like that. Do I have to put xp on this drive? It is a 20gb, when I go to computer management I can see the drive as disk 1 and my primary as disk 0. but my computer does not show it. Any help?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 03:40 PM

Are you able to boot to linux?

What format is the linux drive? Ntfs, fat or other type just for linux?
    phillyguy215 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 03:50 PM

I think the format is ntfs. When I boot up the computer goes straight to the windows hard drive it does not ask from what drive to boot from.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 05:50 PM

Have you been able to use linux since installed?

Does the drive just have linux on it from another computer or did you install it

How is the drive connected inside the computer, what cable di you connect it to

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How come I am not showing yet? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am 16 weeks pregnant and not showing at all!I feel like I'm never going to pop out? Is this normal and when am I supposed to get my little baby bump? I'm worried that I'm not even showing a little bit. When should I be getting a little bigger?

Showing already? [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out I'm 9 weeks along wit child:D and I'm showing already?? My husband is a twin and I have 2 sets of twins on my mothers side is there any way I can tell if I'm having twins without waiting for my next visit to the doc. :rolleyes:

Hdd not showing in disk management but showing in device manager [ 1 Answers ]

I have my friend's hdd which crashed few daz ago then I connected it to my PC as slave but now its in the device manager and bios though not showing in MY COMPUTER,DISK MANAGEMENT.. help

Showing apt. [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 3 family owner occupied house in Hoboken, Hudson County NJ. Our lease states that we can show the apt. on "reasonable notice" . We are evicting the tenants for various reasons. Below is a letter they sent in response to my showing the apt. Note that this woman has not been staying in the...

DVD/rw' not showing [ 2 Answers ]

Two DVD rw's One of them not showing (Win XP Pro)

View more questions Search