Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cubs23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 04:49 PM
    3rd time felony
    A good friend of mine has 3 felony's as we speak and currently has a few warrants out right now for the last felony, the last being possession of cocaine. What do you think is the average sentence time for something like that, and is there any possible way to get house arrest? The 2 felonies before this were for marijuana. This is in the state of IL. Does hiring a lawyer help lessen a sentence or when it comes to something like that does it even matter?
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

May 4, 2007, 05:21 PM
    Hiring a lawyer is ALWAYS the way to go. I've said this before... don't care what you've done, how you got caught, etc. Never go to court without an attorney. Learned this the hard way as many of our incarcerated community has... As for the 3rd felony... makes getting an attorney even more important. Would be very concerned about the "third strike your out" policy in place in a lot of states. No one here is going to be able to give you peace of mind or ideas of what might happen. You need representation... or should I say, she needs representation.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 4, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Hello cubs:

There is no way to tell what the outcome will be because it's based upon many factors.

Yes, he needs a lawyer. In answer to your question, it's been my experience that the better your lawyer the less time you do.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3rd degree felony grand theft with a vop [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to find out information on what would be my best bet.the case is a bit complex but it is safe to say that the case was poorly represented and the evidence was week but I have two children that I'm raising on my own and they were my only concern at the time that I signed a conviction for...

Forgot going to the court 3rd time! [ 17 Answers ]

We live in New Jersey, Garden State. My husband had a small driving violation. I think he moved to other lane by mistake without flashing. The policeman stopped him and fined him for 500 dollars. My husband preferred going to the court in an attempt to pardon the fine. He got court date. He...

She's my girlfriend for the 3rd time! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey My girlfriend Carolyn wants to be my girlfriend again. I told her that I would think about it and Tell her later. Then, her friend Cerny wants me to say NO! What should I do because if I say yes Carolyn will be happy. If I say no Cerny will bw happy! Which way should I go?

View more questions Search