Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sabrzfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 08:09 PM
    Craftsman riding mower troubleshooting
    I have a craftsman riding mower lt4000 while it was running the engine just stopped and now when I try to start it I get one clunk that's it I was not using it when it just stopped it was just started in my garage I was getting ready to finish plowing with it I used it for like 2 hours earlier and went back out to finish up started it and after about 3 minutes it just stopped with a clunk I checked the oil its fine it has fresh gas and suggestions it would be a tremendous help
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 5, 2010, 09:02 AM

Hi,
    Clunks are rarely a good thing to hear. Suggest that you open the hood and physically try to turn the engine over in both directions. I could easily be wrong, and I hope I am, but "clunks" are most often thrown rods.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Jan 5, 2010, 10:11 PM

If you are lucky the cylinder is full of gas from the carb leaking through. If you can not turn the engine over by hand try removing the spark plug/s and try to turn it over again by hand. Let us know what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

How do I change the mower belt on a Craftsman LT2000 Riding Mower? [ 1 Answers ]

My belt broke that operates the mower blades... How do I remove the cutting deck and replace the belt?

Craftsman Riding Mower [ 6 Answers ]

I Have A Craftsman 11 Hp Riding Lawn Mower That Won't Even Crank.I Have A Good Battery Clean Posts,power To The Starter But When I Push Clutch In To Crank,nothing Happens.what Am I Doing Wrong?

11 HP craftsman Riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to adjust the choke/throotle assembly on a 11 HP craftsman rider? I bought this older model and the throttle is stuck wide open. Detailed info would be nice.

View more questions Search