Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yonnet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 05:01 PM
    Dispute form for medical bill letter
    My mother has Medicare and Medicaid. She had blood test on 12/2010. Her blood tests were ordinary test; just CBC, cholesterol and this is the only time she had one in 2010. They sent the bill in 9/2011. And I called them and explained them that she had medicare and medicaid. They said it is OK and they resent the bill in 1/2012 and up till now. It is supposed to be covered . They said I should talk to her doctor and unfortunately, that ordering doctor moved to another hospital. And I asked the staff from the same clinic and they didn't seem to be helped. What should I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2012, 07:57 PM
    If insurance does not pay, you are liable and should pay it and then submit the bill to medicare for payment. You can also get a copy of the bill and send it in for payment to medicare yourself also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doctors Bill Dispute [ 3 Answers ]

I had gone to an orthopedic for prescription shoe inserts. The office had said that my insurance would not cover my cost for prescription shoe inserts. The inserts cost $400 but I was told my insurance would cover the office visit. I had paid for this cost myself and have been charged for the...

Dispute medical bill [ 2 Answers ]

A month ago I was suffering from severe pain that started in my back and radiated to my lower abdomen. It was so severe I went to our local ER. By the time I got there (1/2hour drive), and waited to be seen by the ER doctor (ER was busy), the pain had mostly subsided. I explained the symptoms. ...

Can an employer ask about medical background based on a past due medical bill? [ 1 Answers ]

Can an employer question the nature of a medical bill or your medical background based on a past due medical bill on your credit report?

How to dispute doctor's bill? [ 1 Answers ]

I'd really appreciate some help. At issue is a charge for nerve conduction tests. I was originally quoted a fixed fee, which I paid upfront. After the tests were finished, the neurologist increased his fee without any advance notice. I protested, and involved my own GP as intermediary. He...

Medical Bill Dispute [ 2 Answers ]

I went to the emergency room in great pain and told every person I met what I needed. I had had a tummy tuck in Costa Rico and my tummy was so full of fluid I could barely walk. My tummy needed to be drained. When I finally saw the doctor, she said," We don't do that." She gave me a referral to an...

View more questions Search