Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daydreamer62182 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Can I leave state with my 2 children?
    There are NO court papers. Never married to the father. I want to move to OH from AZ in a month. I know AZ is a mother state but is it legal for me to move? Can he make me come back if he goes to court? I live with the father. But want out of the relationship. Yes the father's name IS on the birth certificate.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Does he have any form of custody?

If not, then move away, he can't stop you.

He may or may not be the father, and if he has never gone to court to get custody, then he cannot stop you right now.
    rabieskittie Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer62182
    There are NO court papers. Never married to the father. I want to move to OH from AZ in a month. I know AZ is a mother state but is it legal for me to move? Can he make me come back if he goes to court?
    If the father does not have custody and does not appear to want a relationship with them and is not married to you (Is he on the birth certificate?) then there should be no problem with you moving. If you move and he ends up taking you to court, you will probably not have to move back. The court will probably try to make arangements for visits but that would probably be it because he showed no interest before the move. Call a law office often they will answer general questions over the phone for no charge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indiana laws for making adult children leave your residence. [ 2 Answers ]

My 19 year old step-son moved in with my husband and myself a few months ago. He had a few rules to follow, i.e. no smoking in the house, keeping his job, etc. He did not pay for rent, he did not buy groceries, he didn't pay any household bills, he was out no money except his cologne and gas for...

What if she's pregnant and tries to leave the state [ 6 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I are having a baby... Q: Is there a way I can stop her from the leaving the state (California) with my child Which will make it very difficult for me to visit my child if her an I are not going to Work out? If so how do I go about it? Thank you for any...

I want to leave the State with Children [ 3 Answers ]

I have been separated for 11 years. We have two teen aged chldren that have lived with me the whole time. I want to move out of state with them to be near family and I have a better job where I am wanting to move. Problem is their father has Huntington's disease and I wanted him to move with us so...

Took my children out of state. [ 5 Answers ]

Dear all who that may read this, I am 22 Year old father of 3 from Wisconsin. I have two wonderful twin girls, and a baby boy they are 3 now. I need some help figuring out what I can do as a parent to stop this from happening. I have joint custody of my Daughters and have visitation rights...

Child custody... Can she leave the state [ 5 Answers ]

I had posted on here a couple of weeks ago about how my wife is talking with an ex and considering leaving me. She hasn't left yet, but its something we fight about everyday. I just have 1 simple question. Lets assume we divorce and she gets custody of our daughter. If she were to move to...

View more questions Search