Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenni11 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Confused by if its still there
    OK my boyfriend and I have been dating for 4 months but now "single" on Facebook over a misunderstanding that we have talked about yet he still wants to see if he misses me (today would have been exactly 7 days.) I understand all of that especially since we have talked about everything that was bugging him and I have taken responsbility and said sorry.
    BUT the thing is he has called me for help when drunk last Tuesday. Text me on Wednesday saying sorry about it all and told me things that I can't tell on what happened the previous night, and he has leukimia and text me Thursday saying he felt sick but he was out of state coaching his team. And then I text him just to say hi last night on Sunday and he responded but short conversation. I mean he still trusts me enough to tell me things that I can't tel anyone else.

But I guess my question is: are we going to get back together?? Or is he missing me?
    And I have held back from texting him first and trying to hang out all the time. I hope he is noticing!
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2008, 12:57 PM

I got to be honest, if someone says they want a break just to see if they miss you, then that is clearly a sign that you need to move on. He obviously has an emotional connection to you, but I cannot see how if he was still "in love" with you, he wouldn't be with you. Has he talked to you at anytime without being drunk?

He also has some pretty major health issues to deal with and I am not sure if he wants a girfriend or merely a friend, which may be something you have to think about. He seems to be leaning on you as more of a friend... that is my assessment.

Dec 22, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Yeah he has talked to me without being drunk and he wouldn't of started datin me if he knew his sickness what out of control.
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2008, 01:04 PM

So you have two options:

1. Wait for him to make his mind up about whether he wants to be more than friends with you.

2. Move on with YOUR life, without waiting, as it is usually not fair to wait on someone while your future hangs in the balance.

What's it going to be?

Dec 22, 2008, 01:06 PM
    But that's the thing of it I am moving on like I have been hanging out with friends and stuff but he does still text me... soooo? Is he missing me
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2008, 01:09 PM

He is missing you as a friend, nothing more. I can't really answer that, you need to ask him. Clearly, pertaining to your question of whether "IT" was still there, well it isn't, otherwise I really think you two would still be together. You need to be clear with him... you want to be together as a couple, or you want nothing at all, unless you can handle being friends with him, as he seems to want nothing more right now.
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Dec 22, 2008, 01:20 PM

Quote Originally Posted by jenni11 View Post
    ok my boyfriend and i have been dating for 4 months but now "single" on facebook over a misunderstanding that we have talked about yet he still wants to see if he misses me (today would have been exactly 7 days.) i understand all of that especially since we have talked about everything that was bugging him and i have taken responsbility and said sorry.
    BUT the thing is he has called me for help when drunk last tuesday. text me on wednesday saying sorry about it all and told me things that i can't tell on what happened the previous night, and he has leukimia and text me thursday saying he felt sick but he was outta state coaching his team. and then i text him just to say hi last night on sunday and he responded but short conversation. i mean he still trusts me enough to tell me things that i can't tel anyone else.

but i guess my question is: are we going to get back together??! or is he missing me?!
    and i have held back from texting him first and trying to hang out all the time. i hope he is noticing!!
    It appears to be a very premature relationship in any event. In four months you can determine whether you want to have someone in your life as a dating partner or friend. Due to all the personal health problems and any other issues not mentioned herein (that you apologized for) I can see that he needs a friend and the relationship being as new as it is may require friendship building prior to anything else. He is communicating to you because he needs someone to talk to and he evidently does trust you and requires your support. Now, I don't see this as a getting back together or a missing you thing... if he was really into you he would have a better excuse then "missing you" actually, I don't think he would break it off at such an early stage. I do agree that he needs a friend and that it is possible he can't commit to a relationship at this time but does enjoy your company.

I agree with kctiger... you can maintain the relationship by friendship means only and/or move on with your life... it is your decision whether you will find his friendship rewarding enough to keep it. Be prepared to move on.

Best of luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 23, 2008, 02:25 PM

Don't just sit there waiting for him to make up his mind, stop answering his calls, and being so available, and quick to help him out.

Don't enable some one to use you because they sure will.

Dec 23, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Good news he asked me to a movie!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am confused. [ 92 Answers ]

Well those that answered my first question will want to give me some input here. After I went to pick her up for a date, she asked that I do not kiss her on the lips since we are just going on a date. I kissed her on the cheek. We walked around and talked about us, no matter how hard I tried the...

Confused by ex [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend recently left me with no warning, we had been together for 2 years and he lived with me for one of those.I caught him moving all his stuff out whilst I was supposed to of been at work. He was not going to tell me that he was leaving and was not even willing to discuss it. As soon as I...

Still confused. [ 24 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year and a half now and here lately I've been SO confused as to whether he's the one that GOD has meant for me to spend the rest of my life with. What confuses me the most is this-->my father is white and my mother is hispanic, I grew up in a small country...

I'm confused [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is adriana and I'm 17 years old. My last menstrual cycle was on march 25 and its now April 29 and I have no period. I am sexually active and I didn't use any form of birth control. I tested 3 times and they all came back negative. I think it was because I tested to early. I had a...

View more questions Search