Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TaraD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 07:57 PM
    Employer paid wrong state MD vs TX
    I have just be informed that my employer/or their payroll company paid Maryland states tax for me from October - December 2008. I moved to Texas from Maryland in August 2008 then started with this company in October 2008 (they are based in Maryland). They say to file non-resident tax form (already did taxes for 2008 for state of Maryland as a resident). Nothing on my W2 or pay stubs states that Maryland was paid a dime. I have no clue where to go from here or how fix this problem... HELP!! :confused:
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

May 28, 2009, 11:03 PM

Your W2 does not show any Maryland taxes withheld for Oct to Dec 2008. So you can not do anything. It is not your problem.
    Only if the employer issues amended W2, then you will have to amend your tax return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employer Paid Taxes to Wrong State [ 6 Answers ]

I live in New York and recently started working at a job in New York. I noticed on my W2 that my company has been deducting taxes for New Jersey. I found out the company used to be located in New Jersey but moved before I started. My coworkers get New York taxes deducted so I know mine is wrong....

Employer withheld wrong state taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I have worked for a company in NYC for the past 12 years while living in Pennsylvania. In January 2007, my company switched me finally to our new office in Pennsylvania. Problem is that they never changed my tax withholdings from NY to PA. The issue fell between the cracks, and I never...

Employer deducted taxes for wrong state [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Illinois and started a job where I traveled to Wisconsin for 3 weeks staying in hotel while there. I noticed on first paycheck that they were deducting for Wisconsin state tax and not Illinois, I contacted them and they changed it. Now I received two w-2"s in the mail one for the...

Employer paid too much [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about vested interests. My former employer paid me 100% of the vested interest in my 401K instead of 40%. I was unaware of this at the time and I am still not sure it is in fact true as the dollar amount they say they paid me does not match my records. I just received a letter...

View more questions Search