Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    randomguy19 Posts: 81, Reputation: 3

Apr 25, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Depression Medication + Weight Loss Pill
    Hello... I started taking a Fat Burning Enhancer called Lipo 6. The first couple of days of taking them went all right. I did however have the normal effects which is light headed and increase in heart rate along with sweating. I go to the gym and today it really effected me. I was working out like normal, going at normal speed and I had REALLY bad troubles breathing. I slowed down to recatch my breath but I still had problems breathing. I felt like calling the 911 it scared me so bad. As I slowed down I got a little better, but each time I started to increase my speed I would have the bad troubles breathing. I'm also taking a depression medication known as Bupropion, which I believe is the generic form of WELLBUTRIN. It says on the Lipo 6 bottle to see your doctor before mixing the two but I didn't. Why did this happen? Should I continue taking this? Should I just slow my exercise down? What's the worse that can happen?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 05:25 PM
    You NEED to address this with your doctor. It could possibly cause a heart attack or stroke.

It says on the bottle to see your doctor before mixing the two, and you are asking if you should continue taking it?

Think man, think!! You felt like calling 911 because it scared you so bad. This just might have been your wake up call.

Never mix two meds without speaking with your doctor or pharmacist. Mixing some meds can cause fatal injuries!
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 25, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by randomguy19
    Hello... I started taking a Fat Burning Enhancer called Lipo 6.. I'm also taking a depression medication known as Bupropion, which I believe is the generic form of WELLBUTRIN. It says on the Lipo 6 bottle to see your doctor before mixing the two but I didn't. Why did this happen? Should I continue taking this? Should I just slow my exercise down? What's the worse that can happen?
    Not to sound mean but if it says not to... then why are you?
    It is probably just the lippo stuff, stop taking it. It sounds like your blood pressure is going too high. The worse that could happen, you could fall down, get hurt on the equipment, or heart attack, stroke or death. Anyway you are playing with fire. Like this guy.

Name:  avatar_1288.gif
Views: 8704
Size:  35.6 KB
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Sorry Matt, but I have to disagree with the "worst that could happen" scenario.

Mixing drugs without proper medical advice can lead to heart attack, stroke or death. It all depends on the mixture and the drugs.

Apr 25, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Sorry Matt, but I have to disagree with the "worst that could happen" scenario.

Mixing drugs without proper medical advice can lead to heart attack, stroke or death. It all depends on the mixture and the drugs.
    Yes I didn't mean to understate it, it's just that there are so many things that could happen. I didn't mean that that was the worst that could happen. Especially in a gym. Douglas Adams died in a gym from a hart attack. It's not worth it to lose weight. The pills prob don't even work anyway. Lipo 6 contains ephedra + caffeine I thought ephedra was illegal.
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Oh, if they contain ephedra (I was not aware as this time I falied to look it up) then yes, it can most certainly cause high blood pressure which can lead to heart attack and/or stroke including death alone. Not even mixed with antidepressants!!

Apr 25, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Thanks guys, I will no longer use the pills. It's sad that I put losing weight before my own health.

Apr 25, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Well just keep working out, and you will see results. I have lost 20 pounds in a year. And I still eat good. And how would you know that these pills are dangerous, I am sure it didn't say it on the bottle. Everyone wants to look good, and welibutrin works great huh.

Apr 25, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Yes sir :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weight Loss [ 3 Answers ]

:( :( :( :( :( :( I am 12 and I weigh 198.5 lbs I am trying how to lose 79 Lbs because I want to be skinnier so does anyone know how to help me! PLEASE

Depression and weight loss [ 3 Answers ]

Can depression cause you to loose weight? And if so, is it like a significant weight loss or a small amount?

Weight loss [ 5 Answers ]

I am 32 yrs old woman, height 5'2 , I weigh 145 pounds, I exercise 5 times a week since 6 months,but have lost only 1 pound weight.I have lost 3 inches though. I want to know why am I not losing weight

Depression = Weight gain? [ 5 Answers ]

Can depression bring on weight gain? I think I am depressed after I had my baby and I haven't lossed a pound since I had her. I want to eat a lot. I don't try to coat my feelings with food... I just find that I'm just hungry during meal times and I eat a lot of food. TIA, Nikki66rqs

View more questions Search