Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hbeebe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Anti shyphon garden fawcett
    Why does my hose connection leak when I turn on my outdoor anti syphon hose connection? The hose washer is new.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 2, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Are you 100% sure it's the actual hose/bib connection and not the antisiphon cap that's leaking?

Jun 2, 2008, 03:47 PM
    It is the anti syphon that is leaking
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 2, 2008, 05:37 PM
    OK because you said, "my hose connection leak " and that would be a different matter. An antisiphon valve has seals and springs that allow air into the valve when you shut off the water. Like any mechanism with springs and valves they can leak over time. These are usually cleanable if you unscrew the cap on the top, be careful removing the springs and s4eal, clean and reinstall. I usually try once then buy new if it still leaks.

Jun 2, 2008, 06:35 PM
    I have tried to remove the antisyphon but with no success. Are they pinned?
    Am I missing something?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The new Anti Obama Ad. [ 11 Answers ]

OK Obama supporters, have you heard the newest ad that questions this guy and his ability to lead our nation, especially in the War On Terror? I have always been of the opinion that he is weak in that area, but this ad, really confirmed my fears. It talks about three teens, murdered by gang...

Anyone know anything about anti-depressants? [ 10 Answers ]

My doctor recommended them to me but I'm really scared of using them. Does anyone know any possible side effects they may have (ex. Prozac)

What is best anti virus? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having AVG 7.5 free edition but its not enuf to prevent viruses and threats... what is the best software Norton,mcafee,AVg? Recommend

Shower fawcett leaking [ 2 Answers ]

My shower fawcet handle is leaking water. I have single rotary handle fawcet. I am trying to fix it. But my problem is I don't know how to disassemble or perhaps I need a picture/instructor to take it out step by step. If you could help how to do it I surely appreciate it. Thank you.

What's the best Anti Spyware and the best Anti Virus? [ 4 Answers ]

Just curious as to what works best for you? Take care, Happy Holidays to you and yours

View more questions Search