Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whiteblackgirl08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 10:08 AM
    statistics, probability
    The EPA has reported that the average fuel cost for a particular type of automobile is $800 with a standard deviation of $80. Fuel cost is assumed to be normally distributed. If one of these cars is randomly selected, what is the probability that the fuel cost for this car exceeds $760?:confused:
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 12, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Calculate the Z-score: z=(x-mean)/sd; given that Z-score what does your probability table for Z-scores tell you? (hint: the variables x, mean, and sd are all in your question)

Also, note that there's a special forum for homework help so this should have been posted there...

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statistics and Joint Probability [ 6 Answers ]

A mortgage company has found that 2% of its mortgage holders default on their mortgage and lose their property. Furthermore, 90% of those who default are late on at least two monthly payments over the life of the mortgage as compared to 45% of those who do not default. 1.) What is the joint...

Statistics probability [ 1 Answers ]

Forget I thought this was a help site-

Statistics and Probability [ 1 Answers ]

I should have paid more attention in Statistics and Probability in college … but then again, I’m so old … I’d have forgotten by now anyway. :eek: So here are my problems. Event A = 8% chance of occurring. Event B = 67% chance of occurring. 1) What is the probability that at least one...

Statistics probability [ 1 Answers ]

I'm new to statistics and have a simple probability problem: The probabilities associated with the expected principal source of payment for hospital discharges in the United States in the year 1990 are listed below: Principal Source of Payment Probability Private Insurance 0.387...

View more questions Search