Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbbaer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Expense to add electrical service for Hot tub
    I am trying to find an average of what to expect to pay for electrical service (220) to be installed for my hot tub
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 04:10 PM
    This is almost imp[ossible to guess because we don't know if you alreadu have 220vac and is you panel full. Lets say you have 220 but you box is near full. You will need to add a sub panel with a special 220 GFI for a hot tub. I'd guess you are in the $700 ball park depending on the length of the run.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2007, 11:40 AM
    The last hot tub I did was a 50 amp line, complete with the GFI disconnect a the tub and a breaker in the main panel, the run of # 6 cable was no more than 30 feet, the home was a single wide trailer,and I charged $750.00.

I thought that was high, did not want the job we were so busy, the customer hired us, he had another price for $1000.00. Go figure, a non union contractor was much higher than a union contractor. They must had been more busy than I.

Damn, I hate when I leave money on the table.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 12:29 PM
    ((Damn, I hate when I leave money on the table.))

That is why I always ask the customer if they have already got other estimates. I just tell them I need to compare apples to apples. Works like a charm and I am still the cheapest and get the job. LOL
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2007, 04:12 AM
    Yes I usually try that, but many won't tell me, just as well I rather price the job my way.

I do try to get any budget number, esp for larger jobs, weeds out the tire kickers, or weeds me out of the bidding process, why bid a job if my price is going to be over the budgeted amount.

With my customers that know me, (amazing how they keep coming back with my scarcasm) they know my price is always a dollar under the budget! I get a kick out of those looking for a "ballpark" cost. Which ballpark, I ask, Shea Stadium or the VFW Little League down the street.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Average Hot tub electrical install cost [ 6 Answers ]

Hi All! How much did you pay your electrician to install you hot tub service?? Just like a ton of people out there I got a great free hot tub and I'm trying to get a good idea of what the electrical cost would be. I got a quote that I would consider to be quite high. Here is what...

Hot tub electrical nightmare---help [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find the code for wiring a hot tub in Reno, Nevada? I have an electrician taking advantage of the fact I know nothing about this topic & I could really use some help.

Electrical hot tub problem---help! [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can find out what the code is for wiring a hot tub in Reno, Nevada? I have an electrician taking advantage of the fact I don't know this stuff & I really need help.

Hot Tub Electrical Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting ready to install a Dimension One spa that the manufacture calls for using #6-3 awg wire and 240 Volt - 50 Amp with a GFCI breaker and disconnect. I had the house pre wired for a hot tub and 240 Volt service. They installed a 50 Amp breaker in the main box and ran about 40...

Hot Tub Electrical Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Our problem is with it going on standby after the tub gets up to temperature. The breaker never kicks off. The red light just starts flashing. Anyone have any ideas?! Thanks so much for your help!

View more questions Search