Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    littlecatjoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Kenmore dryer blowing fuse.
    Hi all,

My Kenmore Heavy Duty dryer started causing trouble a while back when it started to leave grease marks on my clothes, and eventually it got to the point that it was chewing the occasional hole in some things as well. My husband and I took it apart to discover that the center drum support had become loose and that the off-balance drum had been the culprit.. Needless to say we replaced the drum support and also the front drum guides as they had been worn down by the drum (what a mess!) and also the thermostat as the top of it was damaged in the drum removal process. While we were in there we decided to replace the belt and clean out all the lint and debris that had accumulated over time. Things went well, my husband made himself a diagram of the wires and connectors before removing them, and we thought everything fit back where it was supposed to.

The first time we plugged it in the darn thing blew its fuse! My husband took it out to check it and he said it seemed okay, but when we replaced it and plugged the dryer in we had it running but no heat. The fuse had obviously blown enough to run the dryer but not heat it up. We replaced the fuse and tried it again- again upon plugging in the dryer it blew the fuse, but this time it blew so that the dryer does not run at all. We have not tried another fuse since, but it's been over a week I've been waiting for him to figure this out and I'm being buried under dirty clothes!

Can anyone help me figure this out so that I can do laundry again? It is a Kenmore Heavy Duty dryer, model no: C97889200 serial no: HD571268 if that helps...

Wishing I had drawn the diagrams myself...
    Lisa
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 12, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Although your husband made a wiring diagram I think he still has a wire crossed somewhere. It might be helpful if he reads his diagram to you while you check over the connections. I have made a few errors in my time and had trouble spotting my mistake because, in my head, I did not think I made a mistake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 Honda Accord, A/C Fuse keeps on Blowing out. [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 92 honda Accord EX. The A/C fuse (7.5A) (under the steering wheel) keeps on blowing out. Every time I replace it, it cools the car for 5 minutes and the A/C fuse is blown out again. I am not sure where to start diagnosing the problem. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. One of...

Keep blowing fuse [ 1 Answers ]

1998 Dodge Ram, been sitting for about a week, went to turn on windshield wipers and they didn't work. Check the fuse and it was blown. Changed fuse and as soon as I put it in the fuse blows. Did this several times and no luck. ANY IDEAS! THANKS,

94 honda civic keeps blowing taillight fuse [ 1 Answers ]

94 honda civic keeps blowing taillight/parking light fuse. Replaced switch didn't help. Unplugged all parking lights, turned on parking lights and the fuse blows. I believe it is a short but can't find it with a multimeter. Is there anything else to check?

Fuse in furnace blowing [ 4 Answers ]

My buddy has a payne heat pump system with a payne air handler and every time the heat is turned on at the termostat the fuse blows in the air handler cabinet. The fuse will not blow if emergency heat is turned on or the a/c what is the problem here? I have been working in hvac for six years but...

Alternator solenoid valve fuse blowing with 1990 Honda Civic [ 0 Answers ]

A frined (I guess you could cal him that) gave me a 1990 Honda Civic that doensn't run... two problems: one problem is that the fuse to the alternator solenoid valve blows when I turn the key to start thus I can't get the codes from the EUC.. the other one is that there is no fuel getting into the...

View more questions Search