Rcole49 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Ruud Thermostat with honeywell RTH7500
    The old RUUD thermonstat wiring has
    G R B
    Y
    W2
    X
    The honeywell Programmable has the following wiring.

C AUX
    G E
    Y L
    O/B
    RC
    R

I can not get the honeywell to do anything but run the fan in the manual mode. By the way the RC&R are bracket. I have tried the wiring that is in the manual but still have no luck. Do I have the right Programmable Thermostat

Dec 7, 2008, 06:00 PM
    To get the Honeywell thermostat to work correctly all I had to do was read and follow the instructions that came with the thermostat. :)
    RetroFit Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcole49 View Post
    The old RUUD thermonstat wiring has
    G R B
    Y
    W2
    X
    The honeywell Programmable has the folowing wiring.

C AUX
    G E
    Y L
    O/B
    RC
    R

I can not get the honeywell to do anything but run the fan in the manual mode. By the way the RC&R are bracket. I have tried the wiring that is in the manual but stil have no luck. Do I have the right Programmable Thermostat
    This is the same wire setup that I have but I've missed something... I don't know what to do with the old B and X wires. Can you tell me where yours went?

Dec 14, 2008, 05:14 PM

The B wire goes to the O/B.
    The X wire goes to the E.

I also follow the System setup instruction and the Thermostat and system is working OK.
    RetroFit Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcole49 View Post
    The B wire goes to the O/B.
    The X wire goes to the E.

I also follow the System setup instruction and the Thermostat and system is working OK.
    I'll give that a try. I did have the B wire in the O/B but had the X in the C and a jumper from the aux to the E on the thermostat. It seemed to be working better but it is difficult to tell if it is appropriately using the heat pump vs the electric aux mode. I certainly don't want to have it be running the electric all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rewiring from Weathertron Thermostat to Honeywell Thermostat RTH7500 [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace our current Weathertron THermostat with a Honeywell. We have a heat pump with auxiliary heat and central airconditioning. All the wires matched except the Weathertron had a "T" wire and there is no corresponding connectiion that has a "T" on the Honeywell. I have the "B"...

Installing a RTH7500 Honeywell Theromstate [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a Honeywell T874R 1053 Thermostat with a Q674L 1140 base. I have eight wires coming out of the wall. They are connected to: T, W, G, R, O, Y, B, X2. There is a jumper wire running from W to X2. None of the help tutorials that Honeywell has, lets you elect eight wires coming...

RTH7500 - old thermostat has 8 wires - how do I wire it? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I recently purchased an RTH7500 and went to wire it. My old thermostat is a honeywell T7512. I suspect it is from 1994 when the house was built. I can't find anything that will tell me how to wire this... Since I have 8 wires coming out of the wall, and all 8 were connected... On...

Replacing Honeywell T8411R with Honeywell RTH7500 - wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my new, programmable thermostat to work. I currently have a dual-stage Heat Pump and A/C unit that works fine. The current thermostat is the Honeywell T8411R. I don't know the number for the subbase, but it's the one that came with the thermostat. The current (operational)...

RUUD Thermostat Replacement.. Please Help [ 3 Answers ]

I have two old mercury thermostats installed in my two story house. Wiring is as below G , R , B , Y, X , E for first floor G , R , B , Y ,X, W and E have jumper connection 2nd floor. I want to replace these with digital thermostats. Which thermostat I should buy to...

View more questions Search