Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rocwigfall33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Hurting... really bad!
    Good evening,
    Me and my wife have a joint banking account.Recently my wife had a garnishment on our banking account from a creditor for $5000.00. This garnishment has frozen all money in our account for the next 30days. Is their anything I can do? My payroll check going directly in this account and if I can't access any of my money, it will liturally BANKRUPT me! My question is... does the garnishment freeze the money in the account at that time... or any money coming to that account for 30 days?:eek: :( :mad: :confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Hello roc:

I don't have good news for you. The money in that account is considered hers. They're going to keep taking any money that goes in there until the judgment is satisfied. If they don't get it all in 30 days, they'll renew it.

You need a new account, like right now.

excon
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Jan 17, 2007, 09:47 PM
    Tell your employer to cancel your direct deposit immediately and issue you a paper check.
    woodacres Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 10:28 AM

Cancel your direct deposit- Don't open up another account with her until this mess is cleared up. I suggest you open another account by yourself if you want direct deposit back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Hurting [ 51 Answers ]

OK I will apologise in advance about the length. Basically I'm a 24 year old male and recently my girlfreind of 7 years broke up with me. It has devastated me beyond belief. I know we were together from a young age and at first it was probably puppy love but over that time our love grew stronger...

Need Help... Hurting! [ 8 Answers ]

I've just come home from the doctors, it was a very embarrassing problem, for me about discomfort and irregular periods. (I've just turned 18, and never been to the doctors for anything like this before). He said it could be a number of things but he could examine me straight away to check if...

Jaw Hurting [ 5 Answers ]

I was punched yesterday in the jaw by accident and now my left side teeth and left jaw hurt whenever I chew and yawn. Any ideas how long this will take to heal and whether I should see a dentist/doctor?

View more questions Search