Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elgray Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2014, 06:24 PM
    U.S.S.A Bank victimizes 90 year old woman.
    90 year old has mortgage put on house through identity theft, when it was brought to banks attention they found out who did it, bank refuse to prosecute. They eventually wrote the debt off but have not taken their name off her property. What must be done to clear her property.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 27, 2014, 06:29 PM
    File suit.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 27, 2014, 08:08 PM
    The bank couldn't "prosecute" even if its officers wanted to. Governments, not banks, prosecute violations of criminal law.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2014, 08:13 PM
    Was it a family member who did the fraud ?

The bank needs to provide document that the loan has been satisfied. Not "written off" written off does not even mean the debt is not still owed. In banking terms. Written off is accounting term for tax purpose. She needs a document to show that the loan is either paid in full, or that the loan has been satisfied. That is then used to show there is no lien on home.

*** also, it is not the bank who is doing anything to this women, it is the person who did the ID theft. the bank is merely doing its job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18 year old guy and 25 year old woman [ 15 Answers ]

My friend somehow set me up with a 25 year old waitress. Opinions on if this is OK and should I go for it. Thanks!

I am a 54 year old us citizen woman who want sto marry a 31 year old mexican illegal [ 0 Answers ]

Older us woman to marry younger mexican illegal

I'm a 25 year old woman dating a 40 year old man [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, I've just joined this site to ask a question about dating - I just don't have anybody to talk to. I'll try to keep it short. So, I am 25 years old, with a degree from an Ivy League university, and a stable career in politics / international relations. I recently started working in...

Can a 16 year old man marry a 23 year old woman in Washington state? [ 63 Answers ]

Im 16 and my girlfriend and I have been talking about marriage laws since I've proposed to her. I need to know if it is legal to marry her. I already know the Washington state law that applies to 16 year olds, but it says nothing about marriage between two separate ages.

View more questions Search