Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jamster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 12:26 PM
    Goodman Heatpump Blower Intermittent ON
    I have a Goodman (Janitrol) Model # CPE36-1AB heatpump cooling AC system about 14 years old (new in 1992). The outside unit comes on in heat mode but the blower sometimes doesn't come on in the air handler . I can feel the insulated pipes leading into the evaporator are hot in the air handler and can hear the coolant flowing through it. However the blower has an intermittent "turn on" problem. It seems after the system sits for a day or so the problem appears. When the unit comes on every couple hours for heat it works fine. Once I tapped on the air handler and the blower came on or it coulkd have been about to come on at that moment, typically I turn off the unit at thermostat and then back on after 5 mintes to restart it. The blower motor sounds OK when it runs and turns freely by hand. I know there is a relay and a timedelay device in the airhandler, but not sure what device actually initially energizes the blower circuit when heat comes on? Would you be able to give me any ideas on what can cause the intermittent blower turn on when the unit starts up? Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 4, 2006, 11:22 AM
    You answered your own question. (I know there is a relay and a timedelay device in the airhandler)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor wiring on a Goodman GMP [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMP forced air furnace running on natural gas. It is about 5 - 6 years old. It recently went out. The draft inducer would come on and the igniter would glow but then it would shut down without opening the gas valve. I checked and found that the board was never sending a...

Runaway heatpump [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1400sq foot 2 story home built in 2005 with a single heat pump. The thermostat is located on the first floor. During the winter the heat will run and run to try to maintain the temperature on the first floor but the second floor will bake. For example, the first floor may be set to 70 but...

Heatpump blower cycles on off [ 1 Answers ]

The heatpump works but the blower has problems. When the fan is put to "On", or when the system is initiated by the thermostat, the blower sometimes will try to start, but cycles on/off. I can hear the relay clicking. When the system does operate correctly the problem will eventually re-occur....

Intermittent blower operation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Janitrol model A30-08 furnace. On the AC side, when the thermostat calls for cooling, sometimes the blower kicks on, sometimes not. The evaporator coils always cool down (to the point of icing if I don't intervene), so that part is working fine. When the blower doesn't come on,...

View more questions Search