Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snotimoh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2011, 10:46 AM
    I am wiring my ceiling fan with light fixture. One wire appears disconnected?
    There are three wires coming out from the motor housing (which I cannot get to?). A Blue wire, a black wire and a white wire. The white wire appears to have disconnected from the motor housing (which I cannot get to?). Can I still hook up the ceiling fan with this white wire not connected in the motor housing?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2011, 05:51 PM
    No. The white wire is the neutral and must be connected for the motor to run. Black is fan motor and blue is light.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter ceiling fan with light fixture wiring diagram [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan, model 25466 with a light kit. While wiring the light fixture some of the wires were pulled loose. I need to find out what wires go with which ones to fix it. Going into the fan are three wires, one black, one white, and one black and white striped. On the bottom of the...

Wiring light fixture to ceiling fan outlet with 2 switches [ 7 Answers ]

I searched but couldn't find this exact question... I have replaced a ceiling fan/light with a light fixture. The ceiling fan/light was connected to a single set of black, white and red wires as well as a ground wire. The ceiling fan was controlled by switches in 2 locations. One location...

Ceiling fan with no light fixture... do I just cap the red wire? [ 2 Answers ]

- hampton fan has green, black, blue, black and White wires - ceiling has no color, red, white, and black wires I undertand black to black, green to no color, white to white, do I connect the red to the blue or just cap them. The fan doesn't have a light fixture, but I'm not sure what to do...

Need wiring diagram to wire light switch to ceiling fan. [ 1 Answers ]

I've got power to the fan. Got blue wire from light ot black from switch. Do I hook white to the power? Can you sent a wireing diagram so I can look at it. David

Ceiling Fan 4 light fixture wiring [ 5 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan with a 4 light fixture I need to know how to wire the light switch. I have one white wire, one black wire, and one green wire available. The green wire is labeled lights. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search