Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jobowling Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 03:19 AM
    Refusal of Payment
    I was behind on payments for a credit card. The account was given to a collection agency to collect on. After they contacted me I have paid a very large amount of money during the past couple of months. I am making a large payment today, and told them I would pay the balance off on the fifth of October. I was told that I couldn't wait to pay it then, that it had to be paid now. Can they refuse my payment for the fifth? Also can they legally look at my credit report, apparently they have because they ask me to pay the balance with another credit card that I had. How else would they have known that I had a different credit card? Please help!:confused: :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 28, 2007, 07:23 AM
    There are plenty of ways they could know about other debts, but its perfectly legal for them to look at your credit report.

As to refusing to accept the payment, I would be surprised if they do. But it would be within their right.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 28, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Remember they lie, and many get paid for getting you to send them money, so the person you talked to, wanted that Oct payment on their credit not someone else's. Think of like a used car salesman, and most will lie and cheat any way they can to get that money. So theytold you it had to be today, guess what it can't be if you don't have the money to send today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refusal of Payment [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a conversation with the pick-pockets who levied my checking account and set up a monthly payment. We agreed on an amount, but he said that what I can pay isn't going to be enough per month for his client. Though, in the court papers, it never said what amount, per month, had to be...

Can a collections agency refuse payment or payment arrangement ? [ 2 Answers ]

I owe a hospital bill of $1000 from back in march and it has gone to a collections agency. Now my problem is, my insurance company actually sent me the check to make the payment. They instructed me to put it into my checking account then send a personal check to the creditor. However when I put...

Debt Collectors Payment Refusal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a debt that I agreed to pay $50/per month on the 30th of each monthwith one of the collection agency's reps. I've made one payment & was attempting to make another, when I got a call from the legal department saying that $50/per month was not enough. Can they do this once a payment plan...

Vender refusal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a vender I purchased products refuses to give me product information. I want to complain. We purchased goods and it is vender's responsibility to submit all product informatin. I need appropreate complain letter format to motivate this vender to supply me what I need w/o creating friction.

Right of first refusal [ 3 Answers ]

On Sept 25th 06, the judge ordered a 4hr right of first refusal so that I'm able to care for my 4yr old when his father is at work and can't be there for his parenting time instead of being at daycare or being with his new stepmom. My Ex's attorney is sitting on these papers and not signing them so...

View more questions Search