Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dobby1sock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 01:35 PM
    My puppy 22 weeks old and still pees and poops around my house help?
    I have a 22 week old puppy she is a chi cross jack russell she is driving me made she is pooing and pee all over my house even though she has a dog flap she wiill pee right in front of me and poo she knows what she has done so please can you help me and my 4 children thank you
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2011, 10:24 PM
    Do you have a routine set up for taking her out for potty breaks?

I would ignore the fact that you have a doggy door for now and physically take her outside after every meal and every time she wakes up from a nap. You may have to wait outside with her for quite a while until she goes but when she finally does praise her like crazy, make her think that weeing outside is the best thing ever.

When she wees inside if you catch her you can give her a gruff "uh-uh" but other than that just clean it up and go about your business. I have found that my dogs respond much better to positive than negative reinforcement.

Next thing to ask is how confident is she in using the doggy door... Does she seem apprehensive about it at all?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5-month-old cocker spaniel puppy still pees and poops in house [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 5 month old cocker spaniel puppy who knows to pee and poop outside and will even do both on command. However, he still will go in the house if he needs to; even if we've recently taken him outside. He will pee right in front of us, and if he has to poop, he'll go behind a couch or in...

My puppy poops & pees in crate [ 12 Answers ]

My 7 month old shih-tzu puppy continues to poop & pee in his crate. We had a crate that was too big, which we used for the last few months. We just got him a smaller crate, more appropriate for his size, and now he's pooping in it more than he did in the large one. He continues to pee in it...

My Cav pees and poops [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1 1/2 yr old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, who is the most adorable. He is potty trained though not completely reliable. He won't mess on my main level however he will go to the basement and do his job. For the most part he goes to the door and sits down or scratches the door to be let...

My yorkie pees and poops in the crate [ 1 Answers ]

My yourkie pees and poos in the crate.. she know how to go out, and use the pee pad, but she rather use the crate or the house to relieve her self.. did I mention I also have a 18month old GSD.. he is great... but this 3 moths old has me cleaning 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.. help... :mad: ...

View more questions Search