Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 16, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Forehead feels bruised
    When I woke up this morning, I had a headache. I didn't think too much of it, because I often get headaches in the morning, especially when I haven't gotten enough sleep. It started to get worse, and then I started to feel dizzy and naseous. I sat down and started to massage my temples, and now I notice that on the left side, from my temple to the other side of the forehead (but not the right temple) feels like it is bruised. It doesn't look bruised, and I haven't hit my head or anything.

Any thoughts? Sneezy, J9, anyone? I don't know if I can get into the Dr. today, and it's a little scary!

Thanks guys!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 16, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Just an update, and I think I might go to emerg if this keeps up. Since I posted only just awhile ago, now my head no longer feels bruised around my left temple, still a little in my forehead, but now the same feeling above my right ear. This is very strange! I still have a bit of a dull headache, nothing major, and no sharp piercing pain.

Once again, anybody? Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I can't find anything on Goggle, and I know if I go to emerg, it will be a good 5 hr wait for starters.
    gauv_11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 06:38 PM

Hey just wondering if you ever found out what was wrong I have had a bruised feeling in my head several times along my hair line but it never stays longer than a day and only hurts if I touch it?
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 21, 2008, 08:17 PM

Sorry Gauv, I really did not get it figured out. I seem to get this occasionally, but I always forget to ask my Dr. what this could be. Mine seemed to go away also, and every so often it comes back. It's usually around my forehead and around my brow bone area.

Sure wish I could help you! It's very odd isn't it?! If it happens again and I find out, I will certainly let you know okay!. and vice versa! :)
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 11:24 AM

Skin, muscles and hair are basically all there is on the outside of your skull, so it sounds to me like you are having slight muscle contractions... which go along with your headache. You could have irritated sinus'.

If I were you, I would have some hot decaff tea(breathe in the heat!) and a little dry toast and a couple of aspirins or other pain reliever, and go for a walk in the fresh air for about an hour or so.

After that, see how you feel. Give yourself a break from your usual work today. :)

Best wishes,
    singleslamminsi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2012, 03:43 AM
    I have been having this too but its my whole forehead... its so weird and is scary cause some people say it can be signs of infections of the brain or swelling in the brain.. im going to bring it up to my doctor I went and saw him a couple weeks ago about migraines he gave me some meds to take, they work but the forehead still feels bruised.. its so weird. Def going to ask my doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bumps on my forehead [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have pretty normal skin on my face and rarely get spots, just the odd bit of dryness on my nose and forehead. Except I have noticed that lots of little bumps keep appearing over my forehead and the parts where my cheeks meet my nose and bottom eyelids! They are not spots, just little...

Bad Forehead acne & Pimples, what to do? [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 14 years old, and he has really bad acne ONLY on his forehead. I know he is embarrassed, but I don't know what to do to help him. Is there something I can do to clear up his forehead of pimples?Thanks!

How to prevent forehead wrinkle, can I purifying the forehead skin often [ 2 Answers ]

How to prevent forehead wrinkle, can I purifying the forehead skin often?

Have I got idiot written on my forehead? [ 13 Answers ]

I am a 25yr old female. Recently went on a (rare) date with a guy. Went really well. Had quite a lot in common with him. He said we could go out again. Since, he just makes working late an excuse. Haven't heard from him in a week. Then at weekend, was happy as met a different guy, who gave...

View more questions Search