Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Buddy4109 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2006, 09:34 AM
    Service engine soon light
    I recently replaced my fuel pump on my 98 GMC Z-71 w/5.4 liter engine. After reconnecting everything; I found the "service engine soon" light on. I never had any trouble with the light until I changed out the fuel pump. Any ideas why?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2006, 05:09 PM
    Try going to autozone, or advance auto and have a it checked for codes, to see about what it is for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Nissan Altima Service Engine Soon Light [ 7 Answers ]

After a problem is corrected how do you reset (turn off) the Service Engine Soon Light on a 2001 Nissan Altima?

Envoy Service Engine Soon light-Autozone can't check [ 2 Answers ]

The "Service Engine Soon" light came on steady two days ago on my 2004 GMC Envoy. I took it to AutoZone and their rep. said there was something wrong with the wiring/connection in the box because he couldn't get a reading. My Envoy had sit idle for an entire week at the airport in very cold...

Altima Service Engine Soon Light [ 13 Answers ]

The Fuel Cut Off Control Valve recently went on my 1998 Nissan Altima. It made the gas pump shut off even at the slowest filling speed (a huge pain) and it also caused the "Service Engine Soon" light to come on. Replacing the valve was easy, cheap ($40) and it solved the fuel refill problem, but...

Service Engine soon light is on - Altima '99 [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all, Today I replaced my car's Engine Oil & Filter. Then while on my way back home, the Service Engine Soon light came on and has stayed there even after stopping and re-starting the car. The car Engine had been vibrating more than normal for quite few months, and I could feel that when I am at...

99 taurus service engine soon light [ 3 Answers ]

The service engine soon lis on and the wires/plugs have been replaced twice within the past 8 months because that was the diagnosis. The light is still on and I had them test it today/they say it is the 4th plug again. It can't be not already. Then he said it might be the ignition coil. What do...

View more questions Search