Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeBlase Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Is this pain a kidney infection, my appendix or a side effect from Cipro
    I get frequent kidney infections; at least 3 or 4 year and always on the same side: the right. I started Cipro this morning because of a UTI. I knew it was going to turn into a kidney infection if I didn't. Now I have a digging, throbbing pain on my left side. It almost feels like the kidney infection is now affecting my left side. Does the Cipro cause gas bubbles? Could that be it? I'd like to think that if it were my appendix, I'd be doubled over in pain.

I would usually just ignore a pain like this until it gave me something to worry about but I'm on travel right now, away from my doctor, and it's making me slightly nervous.

Thank you,
    Lauren Farro
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 5, 2008, 12:42 PM
    If you are in severe pain, go to the doctor. See if there is an urgent care clinic or someplace like that around. If you are worried, then it's better to be safe than sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dull pain in lower right back - Dr. Says not Kidney [ 4 Answers ]

I have had a recurring pain in my lower right side for almost a year. I went to a Urologist who diagnosed a kidney stone from the CT scan. He tried to get it out, but couldn't. He inserted a stent. While the stent was in, the aching was 100x worse. But, it was the Same spot. I also had an IVP,...

Side effects of glutathione to your kidney? [ 5 Answers ]

Can you help me? I have been taking l-glutathione for 2 months now. The results were good but until I began to felt a stitching pain on my left kidney so, I stop taking this drug which also stop the discomfort. Does this mean that I L-glutathione can destroy your kidney as a side effect when...

Kidney Infection - no insurance? What to do? [ 4 Answers ]

I have had about 3 kidney infections in the past 5 years... ive been hospitalized once for a severe case, and the other 2 where minor. I currently don't have any health insurance - I have am in pain again and I know its another kidney infection - I've been drinking water and cranberry juice a...

Kidney infection? [ 2 Answers ]

I have pain in my right side and sometimes it hurts towards the stomach and towards the back... I went to the doctors, and they said it could be kidney stones or a kidney infection, they gave me pills for it, and I just finished talking them and yet it still hurtss.. sometimes the pain is even in...

Metoprolol/side effect [ 1 Answers ]

Is one of the side effects diarrea and gas?

View more questions Search