Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunnylove Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 12:56 PM
    My friend doesn't like my boyfriend
    Hello people, well I got a problem with one of my friends. They are all right we're having a good time together and I feel I can trust them about a lot of stuff, especially one of the girls which we came a little bit closer. The problem with her is that she never liked my boyfriends and she was telling me that; every time I was with someone she was ruining my happiness cause she was always saying that he's not worth to be with me and demanding that I have to break up with him cause she didn't like him and she thought he was going to hurt me and stuff like that. I like when my friends have an opinion about my partners either good or bad but I do not like it when they are putting me to pick between them and my partner. I have been seeing a guy for two months now and we are very happy together, I like him a lot and he cares about me. She doesn't like him cause he's black and she is laughing at him saying that my taste to men is awful. Im annoyed by this kind of behaviour. He may not be perfect but I'm in love with him and we're doing great and I don't want anyone to spoil it. Im not the type that I'm going to do the same to her, even if I really want to because her partners aren't better than mine, and she has to laugh at them and not at my boyfriend. She's my friend and other than that we're getting along really well, but it bothers me. She noticed that I'm so annoyed but I don't think that she cares.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 01:33 PM

Perhaps she is jealous of the lost time with you or she simply envies your happiness.

Tell her that you respect her opinion but that you would appreciate it if she didn't continue to judge your BF.

If he is good to you ,that is all that she should care about.

Tell her if she continues to put him down,you are going to not want to hang out with her.She is putting a damper on your happiness and that is selfish and unfair.
    heyimcarol Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 06:06 AM

Yes either she is jelous of the time she's losing with you
    Or just plain jelous as in she likes you as more than a friend but doesn't want to say anything cause she knows it won't change your straight but she can't stop her jelous feelings.

Not trying to offend you or your friend here just what I think
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 14, 2010, 01:58 PM

Don't allow her any ammunition. If you share what should be private information, that will surely be used to 'convince' you that he's wrong for you.

Friends don't demand anything of friends. Support, listen, console, share happy times, but demand? Nope. That is not what a friend does.

Not to mention it is very unhealthy to try to control people by being bullies.

When the topic of your love life comes up, simply say, "Sorry, that topic is off limits", and stick to it!! She or they will get the message pretty quickly that you are not open to suggestions as to their approval rating on who you choose as a boyfriend. Or any friend for that matter.

Their behaviour will only affect you as long as you allow it to.Put a stop to it.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2010, 11:43 PM
    Just be very clear with her - "I don't like it when you make comments about my BF, please stop doing it". Simply state it and don't get into any further discussion about it.

If she really is your friend then she will stop. If she doesn't stop then you need another friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get a girl who has a boyfriend, and her boyfriend is your friend [ 13 Answers ]

Im those type of guys who does what makes them happy irrespective of who/what gets hurt in the process. My happiness is always first when it comes to me. So I'm sleeping with this girl and she is dating my friend. I've suddenly developed feelings for her and I want her to be with me:cool:I think I...

Best friend into boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

Hey... My best friend and I have been really close for a long time. Our other friends always joked about us spending a lot of time together and that we would make a great couple. I love him a lot -but like a brother... never wanting to lose him over a breakup so the thought of dating never crossed...

My best friend and my boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I have this guy friend and we were really close and then I got a boyfriend and he got mad at me and now he's like not talking to me as much and when I try to cal l him he won't answer his phone and it kills me and you I lovee my boyfriend and I want to stay with him but I don't know what to...

View more questions Search