Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    folk_death Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Really Out of Shape
    I played badminton yesterday and after 10 minutes I was breathing heavily and ready to pass out. What are some ways I can get into shape before the end of the month?
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 8, 2007, 11:12 AM
    You might want to see a doctor before you begin any excersie program.
    I would suggest start with something less demanding like walking and build up slowly.
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Aug 11, 2007, 11:47 AM
    If you're "ready to pass out" after 10 minutes of badmitton, then the first thing you need to realize is that the level of "in shape" you achieve at the end of the month will be relatively insignificant as opposed to where you'd probably like it to be.

Training effect is our body's response to self-imposed challenges that we put upon it, and it takes time for those responses to generate. In one month, you simply won't have enough time to challenge the body enough, nor will it have enough time to adapt.

Give yourself 12-20 weeks as an exercise cycle, and then see how much better you feel.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 11, 2007, 02:24 PM
    You are not going to get into shape in 2 or 3 weeks, it will take months of exercise and properr diet. Start by a regular workout several times a week.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 11, 2007, 02:48 PM
    I also have to wonder, was this indoors or out? I know where I am the heat is in the triple digits, so you would really have to limit your time outside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting L-Shape Countertops [ 1 Answers ]

Is there another way to connect the mitred corners where the countertops connect to make the "L" other than using the mitred bolts? I'm not that up on making the insert that the bolts lay in. Any suggestion? Thanks, johndaniel1

Tyring to get in shape [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I'm a 22 year old male and I'm trying to get into shape. Over the year pretty much I let myself go. I'm 6 foot, 190 pounds and my goal is to be around 170. I also want to build more muscle. I have a beer belly and a larger chest than most other guys. Until recently, I've pretty much been eating...

Lawn in bad shape [ 3 Answers ]

My lawn is in bad shape right now. It has crabgrass, onion grass, garlic, and moss growing throughout my yard. I also have several spots which are pretty bare. I was thinking of using a core aerator on the lawn to start. I would then follow it with a pelletized lime application since I don't...

Strange US outlet shape [ 6 Answers ]

I've just recently bought a house, and when I was debating about whether to remove some wood paneling, I noticed that one of the outlets in the wall has a very unusual plug configuration. It looks like an electrical outlet, but instead of being the standard 3-pin outlet, it has three round holes...

Star shape [ 1 Answers ]

Why stars have spherical shape?

View more questions Search