Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marcie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Animal cell basics
    I am having problems figuring out the proteins that the cells make are part of what study? I am thinking biology but not for sure.
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Apr 2, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Proteomics is the study of proteins and Wikipedia identifies a branch of proteomics as:

"Cellular proteomics is a new branch of proteomics aiming to map the location of proteins and protein-protein interactions in whole cells during key cell events."

Also, the study of how and where proteins are made, as well as their movements in the cell, is part of the large area of study known as 'cell biology' or 'cytology'
    medgen Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Apr 4, 2007, 06:09 PM
    I'd say the study of proteins is really biochemistry. Their interactions, kinetics, functions and structure are all studied in biochemistry. Proteomics is really a new field that looks at large-scale protein-protein interactions, but it is really very limited in its scope.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animal cell measurement [ 5 Answers ]

The unit of measurement that scientist use to determine the diameter of an animal cell ?

C++ basics, need clear explanation of... [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone give a very clear and concise explanation of a very basic example program in C++ with showing passing variables by value and by reference. I need to know exactly how to declare the function. How to define the function? And how to call the function? The part I need...

Microdermabrasion Basics [ 3 Answers ]

Anybody know anything about microdermabrasion? Thanks for any info!

Pre-Calculus - first the basics [ 3 Answers ]

Find the points of intersection of the graphs of the equations: x^2 + y^2 = 5 x - y = 1 Pretty basics, but lets see who's up on calc.

Basement Bathroom Basics [ 3 Answers ]

1970's home with NO rough plumbing and drainage in the basement. Cleanout and soil stack leaves house through foundation to septic at shoulder height. Kitchen and powder above on main floor and 2 baths on upper level (all in the same corner of house). Question: Can I tie into the existing...

View more questions Search