Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muddywaters Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 03:33 PM
    Conversion of ceiling fan remote to manual pull chain use
    I am looking to find a way to convert a Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light unit from remote operation to two pull chains. Unit is the Reddington model I believe and is equipped with a FAN-2R receiving unit. We are having too many issues with the remote but like to keep this fan/light. Thank you.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 04:04 PM

If it has pull chains, the receiver may be removed. The most straight fordward ones have 3 wires out, maybe a black(fan), blue(light), and white (neutral). And a black and white in from receiver(or 120 volt power).
    Then hopefull you have 1 or 2 switchlegs to switch location, or pullchain operation is likely.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 07:28 PM

+1 Strat, first question is, does it already have pullchains?
    wervish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2009, 12:36 PM

I would like the remote to work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convert remote control ceiling fan to three-way pull chain [ 4 Answers ]

I am wanting to change over from a remote control to a manual pull chain for my Hampton Bay ceiling fan with light. I have a off/on light pull switch which will not be a problem. I also have a 3-way switch that I want to wire into the fan. Existing wiring: black and white power; small yellow,...

Pull Chain on Ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

My son pulled to hard on the chain to the ceiling fan and it came out. How Can I fix this at home?

Ceiling fan pull chain does not work [ 3 Answers ]

The chain no longer works to turn on/off the light. I would like to know how to take apart the fan & repair the problem.

Hampton Bay fan, convert remote to pull chain [ 7 Answers ]

I just had a Hampton Bay fan installed in my vaulted ceiling. It is a fan with lights. Installer was unable to install the remote unit because of the steepness of the ceiling and the longer downrod. The fan is currently functioning with a wall switch but only on high speed. We did not put the...

Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Repair [ 1 Answers ]

The pull chain on my ceiling fan that controls the on/off and speed pulled out of the socket. Is there any way to reinsert the chain or must I replace the switch; Is replacing the switch a DIY project?

View more questions Search