Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pierremicha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Bad programmable thermostat?
    I just bought and installed a NOMA 7 day programmable thermostat, part number 52-2549-0. It runs both the heating and air conditioning. Everything is OK but the ac stop every 3 minutes for a couple of minutes then it resumes again !
    I set the temp 5 degrees C less, but the problem is the same.

With my old manual thermostat, the ac runs until reaching the desired degree (some hours of continuous running)

Please help
    Thanks
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Does it always do that? If so remove the cover to the thermostat, remove the red, green and yellow wires, twist them together, if the system stays running it's a thermostat problem, if it doesn't it's something else, possibly a freon issue. Post back and let us know what you find.
    pierremicha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 11:04 AM
    I twist the wires together and the system runs and stops every 2 or 3 minutes (cycle) like before... So I thing that the thermostat is OK and the problem is elsewhere...

What do you mean by freon issue? How can I solve it?

Thanks again.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Some air conditioners have low and high pressure switches, it may be cycling off and on,on low pressure, this could mean it's low on freon. What is the brand and model number on the unit? Does the fan and compressor run?
    miketv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 01:07 PM
    I just had this same problem repaired (today!) so thought I would let you know what we found.

A circuit board in the air handler needed to be replaced. Wiring was all fine, just a bad board. It was only 4 years old, and no longer covered under warranty. We paid about $400 for parts and labor, but the system works great now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Programmable Thermostat - Turning itself on [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of a programmable thermostat turning itself on? We have two Honeywell programmable thermostats in the house, one upstairs and one downstairs. Recently we have seen that they are turning themselves on to cooling mode from an 'off' state. All the schedules are still in place, but...

Programmable Thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

Hello guys... I have 2 programmable thermostat in my hand, one is Noma (Canadian Tire) and the other is RiteTemp (Home Depot), and my wife and I have a split decision on which one to use. I just want to ask some experts here or some people who have used the Noma Programmable Thermostat some...

Programmable Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Problem with thermostat losing it's power and reseting

Programmable thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a programmable thermostat , but the digital readout says 24.5 degrees all the time. The readout does not change when the temp in the house does. Any suggestions? Markus

View more questions Search