Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frauhall Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Sudden stop of water flow to kitchen faucet.
    My kitchen faucet suddenly starts to "trickle". The spray nozzle is working fine at full power, so are all the other faucets in the house. The dishwasher also fills just fine. I've checked the "filter screens" and nothing seems to be clogged. We have also changed out the faucet which initially works and then also starts the "trickle". Then after a period (days) all is back to normal. We have our own well so we are not subject to pressure issues on a city water system. It can't be our pressure from the well because all other faucets would have issues at the same time. Any suggestions?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 12:48 AM

What is the brand and the model Number of your faucet? Thanks.

John

Dec 7, 2008, 09:42 AM

John,
    The current faucet is a Delta, 470 Series, Single handle pull out.
    The previous faucet was a Price Pfister,
    034PTZZ.
    Maria
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 11:29 AM

Hello Maria,

Open the link below and see if this is youyr faucet, Thanks.

John

Product Documentation : Customer Support : Delta Faucet

Dec 7, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by afaroo View Post
    Hello Maria,

Open the link below and see if this is youyr faucet, Thanks.

John

Product Documentation : Customer Support : Delta Faucet
    Yes it is.
    Maria

Dec 7, 2008, 05:03 PM

Yes it is.
    Maria
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2008, 07:45 PM

Hi Maria,

You are telling me that you cleaned the screen (Aerator) see the Image below.

Try this remove the Aerator one more time and turn on water and see if you have good water flow, if the flow is OK clean and install the Aerator, see how is now.

If the water flow is no good, then do the following.
    Close the angle valves under the sink, remove the handle, the cap/cam, the ball, the black seals and springs see the Image which I sent it to you, turn on the water for a few seconds to flush the debris out from the faucet, assemble the faucet and try it now hope it is better now, last thing will be to remove the faucet return it to the store where you purchased for replacement, Good Luck.

John
    Attached Images

Dec 9, 2008, 08:57 AM
    Hi John,
    Well I guess I didn't do a very good job cleaning the filter the first time...
    The second time was a charm. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
    Maria
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2008, 09:05 PM

Thanks Maria,

It is my pleasure to help and am glad it worked for you, please don't hesitate to ask for any other help, wish you very happy holidays, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water pressure/flow in kitchen faucet only [ 7 Answers ]

I installed a new faucet Dec 7, 2007 in the kitchen which is on the second floor of a three level single family house.--it is a single handle lever type (Pegasus). The faucet worked fine for about 70 days and then the water flow decreased to a trickle... immediately, no gradual slowing. I...

No flow of water in my one of the faucet in the kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

In my kitchen I have 2 sinks. One in island and the other big sink. The big sink I do not have enough flow of water (hot or cold)> it was good until yesterday suddenly the flow ofwater decreased. I have good pressure in other sink. Please help me

Sudden loss of water pressure at kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: The water pressure in my new house (3 yrs old) is perfect. Last week I did a load of dishes in the dish washer which went fine. The same day, following the complete cycle of the washer, I noticed the water pressure at the kitchen sink faucet had diminished 50%. Wondering if it...

No water flow in the kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

The water flow in the kitchen faucet just stopped one morning. This is a single handle faucet with the spray attached (not attached to the same base). Using responses given to people with similar problems, I tried the following a. I checked the aerator screen. It is clean but no water flows when...

Slow water flow kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I changed the aerator on the kitchen faucet, but still get slow flow. The sprayer works fine and has great pressure, as do all other faucets in the house. What now?

View more questions Search