Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 05:33 AM
    The baseball player contacted me today
    This baseball player I had one date with contacted me today, he sent me a message telling me his summer job and the baseball game he is going to.

He is young, energetic and why I didn't want to go on second date with him is because he is not a very humble person, not mature. The only reason made me go on one date with him was he has MORALS. He loves to have fun, and as you can imagine, he has numourous admirers.

He saw me for a long time and even dumped his ex girlfriend for me. He also felt I am overqualified for him, and he said he wanted to be single to have fun with his friends.

He said sorry we had a falling out, he hopes we can be friends again.

My question is what should I do now? Why he wants to be friends and keep in touch? We live very far away from each other.

Thank you for any advice!
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Jul 19, 2007, 05:47 AM
    <He said sorry we had a falling out, he hopes we can be friends again.>

Why did ye have a falling out after 1 date?

You should be taking dating easy, have fun, get to know each other , be friedns before any serious talks. You don't need to get intimate in any way just have fun and get to know the other person.
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Jul 19, 2007, 05:48 AM
    Since you went out with him only once their no feeling involved I would be friends with him. Who no's one day when he finds himself and matures it may lead into something more.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 05:56 AM
    Well, the thing is... he begged my for the date, and he EVEN SAID "I LOVE YOU". I thought he was serious so went on the date with him.We actually get along well, he is a fun person. My understand of someone says I LOVE you means they are serious about having a relationship. And he dumped his ex girlfriend and told me because he has seen me for a while. So all these made me think he was serious. But he doesn't want a relationship, then why he did all those to get a date from me?
    I knew I did take it too serious, so it hurt a bit but I moved on real quick and I TOLD HIM I WILL TALK TO YOU WHEN U GROW UP. It's kind of mean,LOL.
    I thought he 'd hate me, but he is starting to talk to me again.

Jul 19, 2007, 06:00 AM
    "EVEN SAID "I LOVE YOU".

Big warning sign to begin with, how can he love you when he knows nothing about who you are.

Guys who are trustworthy take things slowly as you should be doing also.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 06:07 AM
    I know, that's why I don't think he is mature enough yet.
    We had been talking to each other for about couple months before the firt date so it was about one month after we started to talk he said "I LOVE U", and he was saying about buying me roses. LOL.And he told everyone that he met the perfect girl! BUT he didn't want a relationship right now -he told me after the first date.
    I don't like to waste time on guys if they are not interested in relationship. He had 6 gfs before! Do u think he is a players(emotionally)? He problly just doesn't know what he wants since he is still young.

Jul 19, 2007, 06:11 AM
    He's still young and so are you,

And don't scare a guy off talking about a relationship on the first date.
    Get to know the guy first and decide if you want a relationship with him!
    Think of yourself as the jewel that he has to win.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 06:17 AM
    I don't mind taking things slow, but I am afraid he is a "profesional player"(emotionally). I don't want to be fooled.
    I have learned not to scare off guys now, LOL. YOu are absolutely right!
    So should I write back to him?
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Yes

Jul 19, 2007, 06:27 AM
    Yeah write back if you feel like it,
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Thanks,What should I write then? I know once I write back, he will start talking to me on aim like 3 hours a day while he is talking to other girls.LOL
    jasonpeace Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 07:59 AM
    I hope not... he of course wants a second chance but I don't think you should give it to him!
    christy9800 Posts: 59, Reputation: 7

Jul 19, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    This baseball player I had one date with contacted me today, he sent me a message telling me his summer job and the baseball game he is going to.

He is young, energetic and why I didn't want to go on second date with him is because he is not a very humble person, not mature. The only reason made me go on one date with him was he has MORALS. He loves to have fun, and as you can imagine, he has numourous admirers.

He saw me for a long time and even dumped his ex gf for me. He also felt I am overqualified for him, and he said he wanted to be single to have fun with his friends.

He said sorry we had a falling out, he hopes we can be friends again.

My question is what should I do now? Why he wants to be friends and keep in touch? We live very far away from each other.

Thank you for any advice!
    I don't know about all the 'lets be friends' thing. Best thing to do (my advice), is just hang it up. That is one of my pet peeves, maturity! My boyfriend is 11 years older than me and I've always been attracted to older men BECAUSE of the maturity level. And if he broke it off w/his girlfriend after one date, I wouldn't feel guilty. Now, if you guys had something really serious going on, than there might be a slight problem. Especially, if you guys live a pretty good distance from each other. Good Luck Girl! I know for a fact, your man is out there waiting for you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex contacted me after one month no contact why [ 7 Answers ]

Hey all, Ill try to put this in a nutshell, a little more than a month ago, my boyfriend broke up with me, during a very stressful busy time at uni when I had exams. I had no idea it was coming, the last week he spent so much time with me, he even went shopping with me which he normally...

Vintage baseball cards; Set of 1986 baseball cards [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I go to find out about selling my baseball cards?

Contacted by collections company [ 2 Answers ]

was contacted by collections company -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What is the name of your state? IN My wife and I are in serious financial difficulty over efforts to start a company several years ago. As a result, we have significant...

My ex contacted me after 2 months... [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everyone I have not posted in a couple of months- I posted one when me and him first broke up, one when we tried a break and one when it was over and one on dating new guys. Anyhow, its been a while. Me and my ex were together for 2 years and he was my first true love and I have been having...

View more questions Search