Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eaeason Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2014, 01:28 PM
    Could it be implantation?
    My husband and I are trying to conceive. This month we decided to wing it so to speak and just have fun. That being said I have no idea when I ovulated. I looked at a calendar online that said my fertile period was between dec 23th-28th. We had sex every day, and I have a 32 day cycle. On January 5th I had some mild cramps on and off during the day but no bleeding. They stopped by that evening. The only symptoms of pregnancy I have are extremely sore breasts and bloating. My period is due tomorrow and I have not taken an hpt yet. If I did implant on the 5th and assuming I do not get my period tomorrow, can a take an hpt and get accurate results?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2014, 04:38 PM
    Hi eaeason,

It is possible that a pregnancy test would pick it up right before a period is due, but most women find that they need to have actually missed a period before a positive shows.

Unfortunately what you are experiencing can sometimes be from either early pregnancy or a period about to come on, so give it at least several more days (if you can stand the wait!) and see what happens with your period.

Good luck!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 8, 2014, 08:35 PM
    There are some women that can test early and get an accurate result, but the majority of women don't. That's one thing that sucks about trying to conceive, the waiting.

It's best to test 2 weeks after you miss your period. Test using first morning urine. If that test is negative, wait for you next period, and if you miss it, test again or get a blood test.

Testing the day after a missed period is okay, if you're okay with seeing a negative, and realizing it may be because you tested too soon. I tested positive with all three of my pregnancies, days after I missed my period. I have since learned that I am by far the norm. Many women don't test positive until well into their second trimester. Some women don't test positive their entire pregnancy.

When to test is really up to you. The best time, with the most likely accurate result, is 2 weeks after a missed period.

I wish you the best of luck, and sending baby dust your way. :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2014, 08:48 PM
    Most women have to wait at least 2 weeks after missing a period to test. So yes you can test, but expect it to be negative at this point, even if pregnant. But you may try.

Also online ovulation charts or phone apps are not 100 percent correct for all women, for some women they are completely wrong, so actual testing of ovulation and timing sex a few days prior is the best chance for pregnancy

Jan 14, 2014, 09:10 AM
    Messed up periods, trying to conceive.
    My husband and I are trying to conceive. I have had 32 days cycles like clock work since I started my period. November of 2012 I did not have a period at all, and went 48 days between cycles. I had a normal period on December 9th 2012. Assuming that last November I just skipped for stress reasons and I was pregnant I thought I would start back on my regular 32 day cycle. My period was due Jan 10th and I still have not gotten it.. I took several hpts all negative. The only symptoms I have are sore breasts no period and backaches. I doubt I am pregnant because the hpt was negative. I have a doctors appt on Friday to find out what is going on. I am nervous because I am only 25. Could I be pregnant after all or should I be worried about something else?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 14, 2014, 09:41 AM
    Stress does affect your period. As well you're paying so close attention to every minor detail regarding your body and its reactions that you're causing yourself even more stress. The best indicator of pregnancy is a missed. If every woman with sore t!ts was pregnant then we'd be swimming in babies. The symptoms you describe tend to be more the coming period rather than a pregnancy.

You need to calm down and realize that this will happen when it happens. Perfectly fertile couples can take up to a year to get pregnant and it is all a matter of timing and other matters that have prevented conception and implantation.

The best time to take a home pregnancy test is about two weeks after your missed period date and using early morning urine. This helps prevent false negatives. It makes sure that there is enough hormones in your system for the test to detect and provide a credible result.

Talking to your doctor is an awesome step and I hope that you get the information you need to conceive, and also have fun trying.

Jan 16, 2014, 02:51 PM
    Could I have PCOS?
    My husband and I have been trying to conceive for several months without success, the only difference is now my periods are irregular or not coming at all. I've been looking at PCOS online and I have a lot of the symptoms "excessive hair growth, a recent increase in oily skin and acne, irregular periods, etc." I have a three year old son and I had no problems conceiving him. My question if you have PCOS do you suddenly stop getting periods? Or could it be another issue?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2014, 02:57 PM
    Relax and talk to your doctor tomorrow. Please update us as to what the doctor says.

Jan 17, 2014, 04:36 PM
    Well I saw a doctor today. She thinks I may have pcos, she drew blood to check my hormone levels to be sure an see if I am ovulating. At this time she does not think that I am. :( she said I could be pregnant and it's still early so she tested for that too. I won't have results until next week. She wants us to try 8 more months and if no success by then she wants to start me on clomid, she wants to make sure we can't conceive before starting any drugs due to the side effects and risk of multiples. She alsomentioned spironolactone but said they I wasn't a candidate because of my current weight she said I would drop too much weight. So right now I'm just waiting for blood work results. I'm trying to stay positive but I am terrified.
    Expert

Jan 17, 2014, 04:51 PM
    Terrified of what?

Jan 17, 2014, 05:26 PM
    If I do have pcos and have to take fertility drugs to get pregnant. :( I thought after having my first so easily that having a second child would be just as easy. After the stuff I have read about pcos it may be really hard
    Expert

Jan 17, 2014, 05:56 PM
    Stop reading stuff and talk to the doctor. You are scaring yourself when this problem is shared by MANY females and good outcomes are likely. Adjust your thinking and lower your fear level by trusting your doctor. It's a process. Takes time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Implantation?? HELP! [ 0 Answers ]

Had sex around the 18th Dec. ovulated 22nd Dec. my period was do the 5th of January but came the 1st... I thought. Only it was light pink when I would wipe after urinating and lasted three days, the last day being a brown colour as if you're uterus is titled from extreme work out and excess...

Implantation? [ 0 Answers ]

So I've been on birth control for about 6 months and my last period was 2 days very light and brown and bright red where normally it is 5 days and heavy... I took a pregnancy test and it said negative so I did a week later and it again said negative... it's a month later and I have no sign of...

Is it implantation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone I will try to be detailed. OK My hubby ans I have been trying to concive for 2 years. In 2003 I had the mirena put in after having two children. It was nice, I had no problems with it, I didn't get a period for the duration of having it in. In October of 2008 I had my mirena removed...

Implantation [ 2 Answers ]

OK well I want to know watz going on with my body... I don't know if I'm going threw implantation and I don't know if it's a sign of pregancybut I had unprotected sex like the last two fridays ago which was probably 2 weeks ago or more after about a week later I was having some strange discharge...

Is it implantation [ 1 Answers ]

I know implantation doesn't happen to every woman, but I did have very scanty light light bleeding/spotting which was brown.. I'm unsure when my period is suppose to show up cause I got off BCP June 24th.. but on July 24th I took an ovulation test and it showed I was ovulating. So isn't it normal...

View more questions Search