Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blues Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2004, 04:27 AM
    No water pressure
    I have no water pressure on the second floor (hot & cold.) The first floor and outside faucets are working. The second floor has four sinks (single lever), two showers (single lever.) Any suggestions. Thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 21, 2004, 05:41 AM
    No water pressure
    Do the upstairs toilets flush and fill? Are you on a pump or city water? What kind of pipes are in your house and how old are they? Did this happen all of a sudden or just slow down gradually? Is this a single family home? Have you pulled the aerators and checked the screens? The more information I have the better I analyze your problem. I'll wait on your answer until 11 AM EST and then I have to drive up to Tampa and pick up a friend from the airport. Regards, Tom

Dec 21, 2004, 05:55 AM
    No water pressure
    The upstair toilets do not fill. I have city water. The pipes are copper and 26 years old. This happened suddenly. It is a single family home . I pulled the aerators in the sinks. The showers are single lever Moens. The shutoffs for the showers are part of the valve (screws on right & left.)
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 21, 2004, 12:55 PM
    No water pressure
    Can you locate where the 3/4' supplies take off to feed the upstairs? Are there shut offs on those supplies? It's very unusual for both hot and cold lines to lose pressure together. You're going to have to start at the source where the upstairs supplies tee off from the main and track it down. This may mean shutting down the house and opening up some lines to see where the pressure is lost. But first, if you have compression angle stops, I would open up a few and see if you have pressure up to that point and track back from there. Good luck, Tom

Dec 21, 2004, 04:46 PM
    I came home tonight & there is hot & cold water on the second floor, Could this have been a city water pressure issue? Thanks for your help!
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 22, 2004, 05:47 AM
    No Water Pressure in House
    It could very well explain it. In fact it's the best explanation so far. Iwould call the water company and ask them if they didn't lose pressure for a while. Glad you're all fixed up. Happy holidsays. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water tank height versus water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not a physicist so I need your help. I live in Mexico. We have a water tank sitting on the roof - there is no pressure pump. The water pressure in the house is very low. Is there a rule of thumb (for the common man) that will tell me how how much pressure increase will result from raising...

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

Low water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have a well and I am losing pressure off and on during the day. I have a water softener but it is not charging at the time of the low pressure. It occurs throughout the house not just one sink or bathroom. What could my problem be?

Water pressure/water softener? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a "waterfall" faucet in my tub (separate shower). I turned on the water to the tub the other day and it barely runs. Then tonight my daughter was running the tub faucet and I had no hot water pressure to the kitchen. This has never been a problem. I understand from reading that we may...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

View more questions Search