Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DLisa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Sick dog won't eat
    I have a 12 year old pomeranian. We had her boarded at the vet last week while we went on a family vacation. She had been boarded there many times before. When I picked her up last weekend she had a bit of diarrhea. I gave her Kaopectate (as I have in the past). The diarrhea has lessened, but what concerns me most is that she refuses to eat anything. Even her favorites. I took her back to the vet. No fever or anything. He feels that it is due to stress from being boarded for a week. He gave her a shot and told me to offer things like yogurt, cottage cheese, rice, egg. She refuses everything. She is on meds for congestive heart failure and I have to force the pills down her as she won't take them any other way. Is there anything that I can do to get her to eat? How long can this go on? She is drinking water or crunching ice cubes. If she doesn't perk up by Friday morning, I will take her back to her vet. Any advice would be appreciated.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2007, 10:54 AM
    I would like to see the vet take a closer look. The stress of being boarded should be over. In most cases, it is more important to relieve the problem than to get the dog to eat. Maybe even find a different vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog won't eat! [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to this site and this is my first post. I'm not sure what type of dog I have but I got her from an abusive pet owner for free. She has been abused all her life until I got her about a year ago. She is very skiddish and won't really eat unless she is hand fed. Even then she won't eat dog...

Puppy is verry sick and won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

My Puppy won't eat anything.. What should I do.

Puppy sick and won't eat! [ 15 Answers ]

OK I picked up an 8 weeks old toy poodle/pomeranian mix as a rescue on Sunday. She was just at the vet 2 days before and was spayed. But they didn't give her her shots yet as they wanted her to heal and recover from the operation sinch she was so tiny. I was to come have her get her...

Dog won't eat [ 4 Answers ]

I have the same problem (as here) but worse. My pomeranian pups (3 pups healthy and eats on their own) 2 pups barely drinks water and nothing else. I feed a great fornula of milk(evap), yogurt, mayo, water and vitacal. But I seringe the formula in mouth every 3 hours. If I go longer than 6 hour...

My dog won't eat [ 1 Answers ]

My 7year old Chihuahua will go two days without eating and then throws up white foam and I don’t really have the money to bring her to the vet for a well test (that cost 300$.) It gets to the point where her dropping are red (the red I know is not blood because blood comes out black) and then...

View more questions Search