Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nick jr Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 12:42 PM
    Wire splicing
    What do I use to splice 6 gauge romex to 6 gauge THHN wire in a junction box? Thanks in advance
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 12:51 PM

A blue wirenut.
    nick jr Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    A blue wirenut.
    Thanks very much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Splicing 220 Wire [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 220VAC window air conditioning unit and I would like to shorten the cord considerably. Is it safe to use a butt splice on 220VAC? I think the cord is 12 gauge.

Splicing 220 volt 6 ga. Wire [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: In regards to question asked by 1936 roadster on oct.7 2007 @ 11:34pm. I have a 220 volt 50 amp. 6 ga. 4 conductor electric wire that is about 6 feet to short to reach new location. Does the nec permit in line splices? Do they have to be staggered? Do they have to be enclosed. This line...

Splicing #6 gauge 40 amp wire [ 5 Answers ]

I am planning a kitchen remodel and am replacing a 27" hard-wired drop in range with a 30" range that requires an appliance cord to be installed with a receptacle. The circuit is 40 amp and the wire is #6 that is hard wired into the existing 27"range. I will need to install a 3 wire receptacle...

Wire Splicing for landscape lighting [ 6 Answers ]

I recently purchased 100' of 14 gauge wire (includes ground wire) for some exterior landscape lights. However, because the wire is much thicker than the wire that came with the landscape light kit the pins on the light connectors will not penetrate the thicker wire. Because I had already submerged...

Residential Wire splicing [ 5 Answers ]

I am planning to relocate an old receptacle to a new wall location in our house. If I will splice a new wire to the old one and put it in a box, should that box be visible on the wall(with cover plate) or can I just hide the box inside the wall. Thanks.

View more questions Search