Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bionic rooster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 05:43 PM
    Was Roy Orbison wearing sunglasses because he was blind. Bionic Rooster
    Why was Roy Orbison wearing sunglasses? Was it because he was blind. Bionic Rooster
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 1, 2009, 05:44 PM

Roy Orbison was blind.

Tick
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 1, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Roy Orbison was not blind. He had very bad eyesight.

He started wearing the sunglasses because he misplaced his regular glasses and the sunglasses were prescription. It became part of his trademark.

Roy Orbison - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    After leaving his thick eyeglasses on an airplane in 1962 or 1963, Orbison was forced to wear his Ray-Ban Wayfarer prescription sunglasses on stage
    Roy Orbison - Biography
    His identification with Wayfarer sunglasses began when he went on tour to England in the early 1960s, and forgot his regular specs. His lenses were prescription, but some fans mistook Orbison for being blind.
    Top 10 Oldies Myths and Urban Legends
    2. Roy Orbison was blind.
    The singer's odd, pasty look and huge dark glasses led many to speculate, then and now, that Roy Orbison was blind. His trademark shades never left him, but they were no stranger (or stronger) than Grandma's reading glasses.
    Roy did have eyeglasses to correct his vision, but they were quite normal; en route to an Alabama concert, however, he accidentally left them on the plane. The only other pair he had were prescription sunglasses, so he wore those instead. The very next day Roy was scheduled to open up a European Beatles tour, and there was no time to go find his old pair, so the dark shades stayed on him throughout the tour. The resultant frenzy of Beatlemania ensured that the singer would be seen throughout the world in that pair; by the time he returned home, it was a trademark. Proof that Roy wasn't blind can be found in the early television performance footage that shows him wearing no glasses at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An old Sci-Fi with men in black sunglasses [ 5 Answers ]

I need a title of a movie from 80's, I suppose. There were two men - white and black and they have black sunglasses to discover aliens among people, because without these kind of sunglasses aliens looked like earthlings. I remember that was some TV tower prepared to destroy the earth and a girl...

Rooster/cold weather [ 2 Answers ]

How cold of weather can a chicken or rooster withstand?

Rockin rooster [ 4 Answers ]

OK so there was this movie I loved when I was younger and all I remember is that their was a rooster in it that sang and played a guitar and that he had to save someone or something like that, and it was a cartoon. I hope you can find out what it is because I want to see it now that I've been...

Rooster ate a black widow [ 5 Answers ]

I lifted my chicken's water bowl,and out runs a black widow.My rooster gobbled him up.Is he going to die or what?:eek:

View more questions Search