Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    supriya123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2011, 06:28 PM
    F-1 Visa to H1B transfer in 2010 : How to file taxes
    Hi,

I am an Indian and graduated from univ of Florida in Dec 2009. Worked for a firm on OPT from DEc 2009- Oct 2010. Started on H1B on 1st Oct 2010.

How do I file my taxes? i.e. which all documents do I need?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 4, 2011, 11:19 PM
    You will file as a non-resident alien, filing Forms 1040NR-EZ plus Form 8843 ONE LAST TIME.

If you are working in Florida, there is no state return.

If you need professional help filing, email me at [email protected].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 (1 semester) + OPT (2 months) + H1b visa (3 months), how to file Taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

I came on F1 visa and graduated in May 2008 (studied 1 semester in 2008) then I started my job as a physical therapist on OPT base for 2 months and I got H1b visa and worked 3 more months in 2008, 1) how do I file taxes? 2) which things do I have keep in mind while I file taxes? Fairly new...

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

Salary paid in the you.S. After J1 visa expired, but before H1B kicked off-2010 filing? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a employment contract with the U.S. company for the period of four years. When I came to the U.S. at the beginning of 2009 I had a J1 visa valid for 18 months till the beginning of July 2010 (I could work from January 1, 2009 till July 1, 2010). While still in the U.S. my employer...

How to file taxes for H1B visa holder and wife on visiting visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I got married on 20th Nov 2010. My wife was in USA for 8 days. Then she went back to UK where she has a job and is paying taxes there. We will be living apart till 2012. Now, 2 questions: 1) Assuming I will be filing taxes married but not jointly, so how should I get my salary in...

How to file taxes if under visa transfer [ 1 Answers ]

I transferred my h1b visa, I want to inquire on the ff: 1. Requirements from my previous employer for filling the taxes 2. Requirements from my present employer for filling the taxes 3. When would be the filling of the taxes Regards, cap_ece

View more questions Search