RegniaJ09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Block calls
    How do I trace restricted callers?
    :mad:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 11, 2009, 11:55 AM

You don't. If you are being harassed, contact your carrier for what you can do about it.

As an aside, this is a pet peeve of mine. When Caller ID was first offered to the public privacy advocates hamstrung the feature by giving people the option to block their number. In my opinion this was anti-privacy. I believe that someone who wants to call me is invading my space and I should have the option of knowing who that person is before I decide to allow them to do so. I do not think that anyone should be allowed to block their ID.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 12:02 PM

A similar pet peeve of mine is people who call from companies from a number you can't call back.

I used to get calls from some company that pretended to be VISA asking for my information when I tried to call back it was a number that does not accept calls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my ex still calls me? [ 33 Answers ]

3 threads merged/edited. This is an older post so please read the whole thing for background info and current feedback My Ex Girlfriend And I Broke Up 3 Months Ago. She Broke Up With Me Because I Was Going Out With Myfriends Too much.she Told Me She We Are Not Getting Back Together Anytime...

Difference between concrete block and cinder block [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between concrete block and cinder block when used in a home's foundation? What makes cinder block less desirable?

Now he won't take my calls, What should I do? [ 53 Answers ]

Hello all! I am new and love the boards. I am confused and I probably have every right to be confused. Here is my story and situation: History: Six years ago, I met this guy due to us having the same Professional Career. My acquaintance with him was STRICTLY professionally related, nothing...

A Utility that'll block phone calls? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been perusing a bit and I've found out about Selective Call Rejection, and how most phone companies offer an option where you can block numbers by pressing *67 (or simply variations of that number). However, I'm looking for a utility that can do that, rather than a service. Is there any object...

How Serious Should One Take These Calls? [ 2 Answers ]

Lets say if one who owes debts received calls from collections agencies (ie Zwicker & Associates) or people whom self proclaimed "lawyers", what are the reality of getting sued and getting a judgement against you? Do you guys suggest avoiding these calls? How about letters stating debts as...

View more questions Search